News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokémon FRLG: Sevii Expanded  (Read 4740 times)

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
Re: Pokémon FRLG: Sevii Expanded
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 06:43:52 pm »
Section 1: Road to Lugia
-   Turn off Roaming in Celio's script
   (open the editor, go to 0171035 and replace the 25 29 01 there with 00 00 00)
   -   Offshore Platform Map (3.50), located in Trainer Tower Map (3.62)
      - Sign at Trainer Tower Map (3.62)
      - Block edit: Entrance door (30B-30D & 313-315)
   -   Newborn Crater Map (3.51), located in Water Labyrinth Map (3.55)
      - Sign at Five Island Map (3.16)
   -   Cloaked Cavern Map (3.52), located in Cape Brink Map (3.47)
      - Block edit: 'Warpable' 'stand behind' 'middle' waterfall block (20B) (see Base)
      - Block edit: 'Bubble animation?' 'Stand behind' 'lower' waterfall block (74) (see Base)
      - Block edit: 'Bubble animation?' 'Stand behind' 'upper' waterfall block (2E) (see Base)
      - NPC at Two Island PKMN Center (33.2)
      - Change Cape Brink (3.47) and Two Island (3.13) maps
-   Import Three Beasts Scripts+flag map script+catch map script+item scripts in these dungeons
-   Remove Roar from the Three Beasts' move learnsets
-   Add Old Woman to Monean Chamber Map (2.27), add script+map script
-   Add Brendan (facing up)+script to Navel Rock Map (2.55), add rocks from collapse, making only Lugia accessible

Section 2: Road to Celebi
-   Import Pattern Bush Map (1.121), import Oak's script
-   Change the description of the 'Letter' key item
-   Import Lady Selphy script, assign to Selphy (Map 39.0)
-   Import:
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script 1 to Lost Cave (2.12)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script 1 to Lost Cave (2.12)
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script 2 to Lost Cave (2.13)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script 2 to Lost Cave (2.13)
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script 3 to Lost Cave (2.17)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script 3 to Lost Cave (2.17)
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script 4 to Lost Cave (2.19)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script 4 to Lost Cave (2.19)
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script 5 to Lost Cave (2.21)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script 5 to Lost Cave (2.21)
   - MAP Flashback Appear Script Final to Lost Cave (2.22)
   - TILE Cutscene Trigger Script Final to Lost Cave (2.22)
-   Import Celebi script+catch map script

Section 3: Road to Jirachi
-   Add Leaf to Cerulean Cave Map (1.74), import her script
-   Add Leaf to Cerulean Berry House Map (7.9), import her script+map script
-   Import/replace Berry Gramps' script. Edit map (7.9) (replace sign with a fourth plant) and remove the berry record script
-   Add sign with 'Leaf's House' to Cerulean City Map (3.3), both map edit and script.
-   Import Meteorite script, assign to script tile on Outcast Island Map (3.58)
-   Import Altering Cave Map (3.53)+edit wild Pokémon there
-   Import Jirachi script+flag map script+catch map script
-   Import Jirachi OW sprite

Section 4: Road to Deoxys
-   Edit Three Isle Port Map (3.49)
-   Edit unused Seven Island house Map (31.5), connect to Three Isle Port Map
-   Add Giovanni to unused Seven Island house, import his script+map script
-   Import Seven Island Old Woman script, assign to Old Woman in Seven Island house Map (31.0)
-   Edit Rematch Room Map (31.1) (tiles, sprites and map script for Gio)

Section 5: Trainer edits
-   Create Leaf Battle (019)
-   Create Brendan Battle (01A) (Double Battle)
-   Create Brock Rematch (01B)
-   Create Misty Rematch (01C)
-   Create Lt. Surge Rematch (052)
-   Create Erika Rematch (053)
-   Create Koga Rematch (054)
-   Create Sabrina Rematch (055)
-   Create Blaine Rematch (056)
-   Create Giovanni Rematch (057)
-   Create Rocket Giovanni Rematch (058)
-   Alter Giovanni's team (015E)
-   Up the E4+champ Mon's levels by 2 (019A-19D+01B6-1B8)
-   Create Oak Battle (01FF)

Section 6: Weather/aesthetical changes
-   Change Icefall Cave Maps' (1.110-1.113) weather to Three Snow Flakes
-   Change Dotted Hole Maps' (1.116-1.119) weather to Underwater Mist
-   Change Dotted Hole Map (1.120) weather to Cloudy
-   Change Pattern Bush Map (1.121) weather to Rainy Weather
-   Change Altering Cave Map (1.122) weather to Cloudy
-   Change Navel Rock Map (2.0) weather to Heavy Rain with Thunder Storm
-   Change Lost Cave Map (2.22) weather to In-house Weather
-   Change Cape Brink Map (3.47) weather to Rainy Weather
-   Change Bond Bridge Map (3.48) weather to Cloudy
-   Change Altering Cave Map (3.53) weather to Mist from Top Right Corner
-   Change Outcast Island Map (3.58) weather to Rain with Thunder Storm
-   Change Green Path Map (3.59) weather to Rainy Weather
-   Change Water Path Map (3.60) weather to Cloudy
-   Change Trainer Tower Map (3.62) weather to Cloudy
-   Change Sevault Canyon Map (3.64) weather to Sand Storm
-   Change Viridian City (Gym) Map (5.1) weather to Sand Storm

Other additions are gonna be more Leaf fights throughout the game (second rival basically), making Porygon easier to get in Kanto, some Admin fights for Team Rocket, a bit more fleshing out of Giovanni.

Besides, I actually wanna try and make new routes instead of new dungeons. I'm perfectly capable to do so, including adding new NPCs, trainers, events and all. The only stupid thing that makes it difficult is the inability to edit the Town Map graphics. It looks a bit unpolished when you can visit new routes but they won't show up on the map. Really frustrating, since I can add so much yet get held back by something silly as the Town Map graphics.

If I'd replace the dungeons with these new routes (which would be around Four Island, basically making the place larger), the Legendary Beasts would roam these routes, instead of being in new dungeons.

January 12, 2020, 06:44:28 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'd like to eventually expand this hack to add more stuff to Kanto itself, rather than just Sevii.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

MandatoryPixel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 12:23:53 am »
Wow, that's a lot of stuff! Does Red replace Leaf in those events if you're playing as her? I'm not super familiar with Pokémon hacking, but I remembered that in FRLG, your mom says "All boys leave home someday" if you're the boy, and "All girls dream of traveling" if you're the girl, so there must be some kind of gender check in place for certain events.

Also, maybe you could implement additional routes in a similar way to the hidden grottoes from Black 2 and White 2? So the new routes would be accessed from other areas (basically acting as extensions to them), and they'd count as the original area on the Town Map. If you accessed a new route from Route 5, for example, then it would still count as Route 5 on the map. Could be an easy way around the issue!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:30:58 am by MandatoryPixel »

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 08:51:40 am »
As for the Town Map trouble, I actually managed to do it. The only remaining issue is some dumb random white line at the bottom:

To be honest, I actually planned to make the player only able to choose for the male player character, for multiple reasons. 1: Red is pretty much canon, given the Johto games. 2: If I'd make a Red variant of this second rival, all he'd say is "...". 3: There is gender check commands for scripting, yes, and it's pretty easy to apply. However, one command, which determines which sprite will appear (after checking which gender you're playing as), is bound to certain var commands which are limited to certain NPCs in the game (and the only one I could find that uses this in FRLG is the old man in Viridian City, who uses a lie down version of the old man sprite before he's had his coffee).

An alternative to limiting the player to male, though, is to give Leaf a different sprite, so she won't look exactly like the girl protagonist.

January 13, 2020, 08:55:29 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
To add a bit of clarity to the 'Berry house' part of my todo list, here:

Gen. I is the only generation in which these herbs are normally not available. In FRLG, you can only get these herbs through Wireless Adapter features. I edited the old guy so you can simply buy his herbs instead.

Pape29018

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:50 pm »
Other additions are gonna be more Leaf fights throughout the game (second rival basically), making Porygon easier to get in Kanto, some Admin fights for Team Rocket, a bit more fleshing out of Giovanni.

There's two generic Rocket Admins (nameless) appears in the Rocket Warehouse, they may in fact be Archer and Ariana. There's lots of foreshadowing to the Rocket's plot that happens in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 04:56:21 pm »
Yep, I'm probably gonna make Archer more recurring, like in Let's Go, while also keeping him around on Sevii.

Also, I managed to implement the new Town Map perfectly!
Suicune, Raikou and Entei are gonna be in Icefall Cave, the island you see on top of Four Island, and the Island to the right of it.

Pape29018

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 06:28:00 pm »
I've looked at inserting Dive and its mechanics a while ago, and I will give it another look. I do remember it being incredibly hard, though. It's never been done before.

While it would be great if the Dive mechanic would/could be implemented, I was more suggesting the HM08 would be possible to find/obtain in FireRed/LeafGreen since the move Dive is dummied out from that game unless trading with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. All HMs should be obtainable in all games in said generation. It would be nice if the HM08 would be found at around the same time as Dig.

I like the horde encounter mechanic, and it got me thinking. Would it be possible to have double battles against wild pokemons? I do know that horde encounters (5 pokemons) would be impossible to implement, but could double battles be doable?

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 06:31:39 pm »
The Dive HM is something I didn't consider, but since it's incredibly easy, that will be noted. Can go to one of the new routes  :crazy:

Double wild encounters, hmmm... It should be doable, but I'm not sure what's gained there. Just makes encounters last longer. What do you think makes that a cool idea?

Pape29018

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 07:08:30 am »
Double wild encounters, hmmm... It should be doable, but I'm not sure what's gained there. Just makes encounters last longer. What do you think makes that a cool idea?

Double wild encounters would reduce the amount of grinding (exp), two birds with one stone in a single battle. Also searching for specific pokemons, specific natures after catching them, genders, pokedex filling, etc. If possible, putting two different wild pokemons instead of the same kind and maybe have both (two different pokemons and two same pokemon). Basically, the player gets a double chance in one wild encounter would reducing time overall in many aspect of the game.

But I do see the point that it would also increase the battle time and annoy some players. I guess its a double-edge sword suggestion. It would make the repel items more appealing. For me, I never used the repel items (I sell them for money). But the time consuming part of double wild encounter(s) would entice me to keep the repels and buy them at shops if it becomes a nuisance. If it's too hard to implement, that's still okay. Just though I would suggest it.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 08:26:18 am »
Yeah, those are fair points. I'll just look if it's possible, and then think about it.

MandatoryPixel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2020, 11:55:10 am »
To get another vote in here, I'd rather have the standard wild/Trainer battles remain as single battles, myself. Your usual wild battle isn't supposed to take too long. I'd rather see double battles get used more in other situations throughout the game, like new Trainers that do double battles, or maybe making Gym Leaders do them. Maybe the new routes could do double battles exclusively? I'm definitely not opposed to double battles as a whole, and I think you could do some fun stuff with them, but I don't think I'd love having them be the standard for the whole game.

Also, on the topic of HMs, maybe you could implement HM items? Items that let you use the HMs without teaching them to any of your Pokémon. They do this in the newer games, and it's pretty handy! So when you get Surf, for example, you also get something like an "Inflatable Lapras" key item that would let you use Surf. Maybe the ability to Fly could be added to the Town Map once you get its HM? If not, maybe you get a "Deluxe Town Map" when you get Fly. That kind of idea! It'd make things more convenient.

Pape29018

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 05:41:46 pm »
To get another vote in here, I'd rather have the standard wild/Trainer battles remain as single battles, myself. Your usual wild battle isn't supposed to take too long. I'd rather see double battles get used more in other situations throughout the game, like new Trainers that do double battles, or maybe making Gym Leaders do them. Maybe the new routes could do double battles exclusively? I'm definitely not opposed to double battles as a whole, and I think you could do some fun stuff with them, but I don't think I'd love having them be the standard for the whole game.

I don't want them to replace the single wild encounters, I would rather have them appearing randomly. Double wild encounters here and there. Similar to the horde encounter mechanics of X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Or, a special location where its exclusively only double wild encounters.

Edit: Different ecosystem/locations could have different % double wild encounters, some higher then other areas. Again, just a though to spice up some locations. I can see some wild pokemon teaming up against an intruder/invader (as in the player) to their territory.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:51:51 pm by Pape29018 »

MandatoryPixel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 08:02:09 pm »
I don't want them to replace the single wild encounters, I would rather have them appearing randomly. Double wild encounters here and there. Similar to the horde encounter mechanics of X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Or, a special location where its exclusively only double wild encounters.

Edit: Different ecosystem/locations could have different % double wild encounters, some higher then other areas. Again, just a though to spice up some locations. I can see some wild pokemon teaming up against an intruder/invader (as in the player) to their territory.

Oh, I see! Since you mentioned how it would make Repels more appealing, I assumed it would be for all battles. That is a cool idea, actually!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:40:44 pm by MandatoryPixel »

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 07:56:41 am »
Okay, time for some more hacking!

I had a new plan, to add more Leaf rival battles, basically putting a second rival in the game.
This does mean twice the amount of rival battles, though. I'd like to hear opinions on this. As of now, Leaf would be added to these areas:
   - Viridian Forest
   - Celadon City
   - Route 15
   - (in front of) Pokémon Mansion
   - Victory Road (end)
   - Cerulean Cave (team around same level as Blue Rematch)

I may move the Cerulean Cave battle to one of the new routes on Four Island. However, her house is in Cerulean City so maybe leaving her in Cerulean Cave is more fitting.

February 09, 2020, 11:37:08 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0J8LfcEWu4&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:37:08 am by Thirteen 1355 »