News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Can't log-in to Data Crystal. How else can I contribute?  (Read 1069 times)

Rosto

• View Profile
    • My GitHub
Can't log-in to Data Crystal. How else can I contribute?
« on: November 15, 2019, 08:54:11 am »
I'm working on a small tracker for "Vagrant Story", and during the development I'm using Data Crystal extensively. In the process I've discovered some new info about the game data, and found a few bugs in the wiki. I would like to share it with the public, but because there's a problem with the Data Crystal login system, I can't. Should I just post this info in the forums, or contact specific person, who has the rights to edit the wiki?

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Re: Can't log-in to Data Crystal. How else can I contribute?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 06:36:37 pm »
hop on the discord and go to #datacrystal

someone there that's a mod/admin can give you a login/etc

Valendian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:50:30 am »
I'd be happy to wiki-fy the info for you. But I would prefer if you had your own login.

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 04:47:59 pm »
I'm working on a small tracker for "Vagrant Story", and during the development I'm using Data Crystal extensively. In the process I've discovered some new info about the game data, and found a few bugs in the wiki. I would like to share it with the public, but because there's a problem with the Data Crystal login system, I can't. Should I just post this info in the forums, or contact specific person, who has the rights to edit the wiki?
What is this tracker you're working on? Anything related to Vagrant Story interests me.

Rosto

• View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 07:55:39 pm »
What is this tracker you're working on? Anything related to Vagrant Story interests me.

Here you go:
https://github.com/Rosto75/vstrack/releases/latest

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 11:12:57 am »
Here you go:
https://github.com/Rosto75/vstrack/releases/latest
Pretty cool. I'm glad this game is getting some attention. Out of curiosity, what kind of stuff did you find out?

Rosto

• View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:04:20 pm »
Pretty cool. I'm glad this game is getting some attention. Out of curiosity, what kind of stuff did you find out?

Some simple like:
- where the game stores data for time, location, kill list, weapon usage, blade/armour crafting material;

Some not so obvious:
- how the game calculates the number of looted chests, and visited rooms (I will include it in the next release of VSTrack; need a few days of testing, though).

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 05:14:53 pm »
Some simple like:
- where the game stores data for time, location, kill list, weapon usage, blade/armour crafting material;

Some not so obvious:
- how the game calculates the number of looted chests, and visited rooms (I will include it in the next release of VSTrack; need a few days of testing, though).
Good job. I always did wonder about the map completion %. In my mod I removed the Escapeway area and it's no longer possible to get 100%. So eventually I'll need to look into how the calculation works and ajust it to compensate for that. And the chest completion as well since there's two chests in that place IIRC. I look forward to your contributions. VS is the bomb.

Valendian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 12:27:18 pm »
Those are good findings. Nice work. This Tracker is an awesome application. I starred you on github. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Rosto

• View Profile
    • My GitHub
Re: Can\'t log-in to Data Crystal. How else can I contribute?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 11:53:03 am »
Those are good findings. Nice work. This Tracker is an awesome application. I starred you on github. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

I made it first for myself, to aid weapon/armour leveling process. It's nice to hear, that other people find it useful.

December 05, 2019, 09:48:08 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I added a couple of pages on Data Crystal:
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Vagrant_Story:chest_count_calc
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Vagrant_Story:map_count_calc

Also VSTrack has it's own thread on the forums:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29673
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:48:08 am by Rosto »