News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: how do I report bugs in translations?  (Read 575 times)

Reinc

• View Profile
how do I report bugs in translations?
« on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:53 am »
Where do I submit bug reports for a translation patch? I want to report a bug from the English translation of Minna no Taabou no Nakayoshi Daisakusen.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: how do I report bugs in translations?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:37:21 am »
Um... that's not really how the site works. This is just a place where people can share their patches, so if you found a problem with something, send the creator a message. They can decide if it's worth their time to fix it (assuming they respond).

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 06:40:49 am »
What about user reviews? You could report any bugs on the translation this way (assuming there won't be any objections from RHDN staff or other members of this community).

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 07:16:34 am »
Solid One: Please don't use the reviews section for (just) bug reports. Hack authors aren't notified when they get a review, so they are unlikely to see your feedback. It's better just to directly contact the person/group involved.

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 09:16:58 am »
Okay. Thanks for the explanation, and sorry for any misleadings from my part.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 04:47:13 am »
Just wanted to add one thing - be sure to check when the patch came out. If it's 1997-2005, there's a good chance that the translation group responsible for said patch is long gone. That's not always the case of course and you can try contacting the folks via e-mail, but I think you should take this into account regardless. Looking at the patch in question, I believe that Suicidal Translations have disbanded a while ago, so it's probably unlikely there'd be any further improvements made.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 02:32:01 pm »
If this is the Suicidal Translations patch, yes, beware that patch is something like 20 years old now (!).
I don't know if InVerse is in the scene anymore.
I feel he might have been banned for some drama thing years ago (a bit ironic I know as he ran one of the predecessors to this site).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 02:41:06 pm »
I agree that you shouldn't use reviews just to report a bug to the patch authors. But if you're willing to write a full review of the patch (which is always a good thing to do -- we need more reviews), mentioning a bug is definitely appropriate, since it forewarns other users and accurately reflects your experience of the game.

This is especially true of an older patch made by a now-disbanded group, since there's very little chance that contacting them will lead to a fix.