News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.1.3)

Started by acediez, October 22, 2019, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RitaXBianka90

Thank you so much DanielXZ you are the best!  for those who want to test the knowledge by breaking the wall, Bin's address is 84508 and put 000000000001 and the other one to burn wood with the bear's gun, Bin's address is 843D8 and put 0001,thank you very much Daniel for finding the codes for me

RitaXBianka90

I give up I can't find the right color palette I don't even know where to start and how to do it, whoever set it up for me was a member thank you Dr.  Dreadhawk for helping me, if anyone wants to continue feel free.

RitaXBianka90

hello guys good afternoon, I wanted to ask some questions when I play X5 with Zero I always focus on not searching one phase, you do as much as you can and thanks to this patch this is possible and of course thanks for everyone who makes this possible you did what Capcom didn't do it 22 years ago, still the only codes I use so Zero doesn't search any phases (except for Stage Select 3 that's the only one I revisit) but that one doesn't count but the only codes I use are c sword destroy wood da faze of Firefly and Z saber I destroyed the wall of the dr light capsule of the Necrobat faze but using Z saber makes the game very easy, I was thinking of using the quake blazer but this weapon DanielXZ explained to me that there is no way because from the animation that doesn't catch on the other side, so would there be another weapon I could use that I wouldn't have to search another level? the order I make is Dark Necrobat, Crescent Grizzy,Shiny Fire Fly,Tidal Whale,Volt Kraken,Spike Rosered,Spiral Pegasus and Burn Dinorex.

Aceearly1993

Of all the Zero's skills, only C-Flasher and Twin Dream can reach the activation point of path toward Necrobat capsule should the hit detection and damage to activation point are set available through the BIN Address offered in MMX5 workbook. Not sure if C Sword is also capable to reach it though.
Quote"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: Aceearly1993 on August 14, 2022, 04:56:38 PMOf all the Zero's skills, only C-Flasher and Twin Dream can reach the activation point of path toward Necrobat capsule should the hit detection and damage to activation point are set available through the BIN Address offered in MMX5 workbook. Not sure if C Sword is also capable to reach it though.
I understand it really works but still unfortunately I have to revisit some phase

Thirteen 1355

Where is the option to turn off Alia's hints? It's not in the options menu.

I only have:
- Game level
- Game speed (whatever this is)
- Button config
- Sound mode
- Sound test

Nevermind, found it. It's in the button configuration menu.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: Thirteen 1355 on August 16, 2022, 06:03:54 AMWhere is the option to turn off Alia's hints? It's not in the options menu.

I only have:
- Game level
- Game speed (whatever this is)
- Button config
- Sound mode
- Sound test
in this option here just leave it off

RitaXBianka90

I always leave it off Alia is very annoying all the time it gets in the way

ZEROmaverick

If you look at the readme file there are instructions to set NAVIGATOR OFF by default, you just need to change an hexa value.

I personally prefer it that way.

Gardenolva

After beating Tidal Whale, the game froze after the loading screen.

I already unlocked the requirements for the bad ending (failing to destroy Eurasia twice), have Crescent Grizzly beaten and have one part of the Falcon Armor.

I'm using Retroarch with the PCSX Rearmed Core

Aceearly1993

Quote from: Gardenolva on August 31, 2022, 06:08:05 AMAfter beating Tidal Whale, the game froze after the loading screen.

I already unlocked the requirements for the bad ending (failing to destroy Eurasia twice), have Crescent Grizzly beaten and have one part of the Falcon Armor.

I'm using Retroarch with the PCSX Rearmed Core

Sorry about the late reply, but I hope this reply is not too late. I cannot precisely judge what caused it based on what you posted but I'm willing to do some basic trouble shooting.
- Have you tweaked hex values for customization options based on the readme file included in the patch?
- If yes, did you run the modified BIN through the EDC/ECC recalculator? The readme says "This step is not necessary for certain emulators, but it is to play on original hardware and on the more accurate emulators."
- Have you checked if the bug continues to happen on the patched game image even without hex edits to customization options?

Just did two runs and no bug similar to this occurs on my side. For reference I'm using Duckstation x64 build.
As for PCSX core we did not know much about possible bugs that could be generated when using such core, but according to past posts, it seems acediez did not use that emulation core as benchmarks when built the patch. If you can confirm the bug you enountered is not the case caused by hex edits, we'll have to wait for acediez's reply to you and see his countermeasures to the issue.
Quote"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

injoon84

Quote from: Aceearly1993 on September 01, 2022, 08:37:58 AMJust did two runs and no bug similar to this occurs on my side. For reference I'm using Duckstation x64 build.
Yeah, good one. I also did 2 runs to test out both BGMs under the same situation and there was no issue at all. I tested it using ePSXe 2.0.5. 
I think our new friend here might have done the wrong customization steps on it, but I could be wrong.

Gardenolva

Okay I tested it on ePSXe yesterday; it worked fine and it didn't froze after beating Tidal Whale. It was odd that the game froze under the PCSX Core from Retroarch.

Btw, I didn't do any modifications on the rom. I just patched the rom and nothing else.

fianovale

Maybe you can try with the mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll core, i have no freezes or crashes with the 2.0.2 version of the game.

Danielxz

i noticed that Gaea Armor(incomplete, without arm upgrade) has a minor bug, if you die while any special weapon is selected the game will freeze, only the background music will remain, after some time it will change to more three or four tracks and after that it will be in silence :(

the last version i played was 2.0.3 so i don't know since when this began to happen also I have made sure that this is not the result of any changes I have made in the rom

Gaea Armor and Falcon Armor's pause menu mugshot are conflicting with Ultimate Armor pause menu mugshot, if you enter any stage with those 2 armors and after that you enter another stage(or the same) with Ultimate, it will display previous armor mugshot

acediez

Ah, bugs! The thread is finally back to normal  :laugh:

Quote from: Gardenolva on September 03, 2022, 06:05:30 AMOkay I tested it on ePSXe yesterday; it worked fine and it didn't froze after beating Tidal Whale. It was odd that the game froze under the PCSX Core from Retroarch.
Thanks for reporting, but it's hard to track down if it can't be consistently reproduced. If it happens again, please try to pinpoint an exact setup that triggers it (also consider what character/armor were you using). It might not be caused by the emulator, but rather a very specific set of conditions.
(Also thanks Aceearly1993 and injoon84 for checking!)

Quote from: Danielxz on September 03, 2022, 06:09:44 PMi noticed that Gaea Armor(incomplete, without arm upgrade) has a minor bug, if you die while any special weapon is selected the game will freeze, only the background music will remain, after some time it will change to more three or four tracks and after that it will be in silence :(

the last version i played was 2.0.3 so i don't know since when this began to happen also I have made sure that this is not the result of any changes I have made in the rom

Gaea Armor and Falcon Armor's pause menu mugshot are conflicting with Ultimate Armor pause menu mugshot, if you enter any stage with those 2 armors and after that you enter another stage(or the same) with Ultimate, it will display previous armor mugshot

Thanks for reporting it. These are definitely caused by the last few updates.
I'll try to update with a fix soon.

Guilherme Resende

Hey! I know you don't want to change the voice actors' names in Megaman X4 Undub, but what if the opening cutscene had an option to hold L1 to change to American like in the X5 improvement project?

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: Guilherme Resende on September 19, 2022, 02:24:36 PMHey! I know you don't want to change the voice actors' names in Megaman X4 Undub, but what if the opening cutscene had an option to hold L1 to change to American like in the X5 improvement project?
He doesn't give up kkkkkk hello Acediez relax, I'm not going to ask for what I've already asked for, I just want to know if 2.1.4 will come out and what the news will be, that's all.

Guilherme Resende

Quote from: RitaXBianka90 on September 19, 2022, 05:04:40 PMHe doesn't give up kkkkkk hello Acediez relax, I'm not going to ask for what I've already asked for, I just want to know if 2.1.4 will come out and what the news will be, that's all.
Forgive me. I was just giving a new idea for Mega Man X4 Undub, it's not the same as always, ok?

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: Guilherme Resende on September 20, 2022, 01:34:55 PMForgive me. I was just giving a new idea for Mega Man X4 Undub, it's not the same as always, ok?
relax ok kkkkk i like of your determination