News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 219103 times)

ChiliPimp

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2021, 02:16:24 pm »
Did you make any modifications to the game in a hex editor after patching? If so then you need to recalculate EDC/ECC before it will work properly (see the Readme.txt). I use it in lr-duckstation with an official bios and don't have any problems.

Ok I see now, however Idk how to use this recalculator.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:08:21 pm by ChiliPimp »

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2021, 06:51:33 pm »
Ok I see now, however Idk how to use this recalculator.

Read the Readme.txt file included with the patch to find a link to the recalculator. Download the executable file. You should be able to drag and drop the patched .bin file onto the executable file to run it. If it doesn't work that way you will need to use a command prompt.

ChiliPimp

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2021, 07:06:16 pm »
Read the Readme.txt file included with the patch to find a link to the recalculator. Download the executable file. You should be able to drag and drop the patched .bin file onto the executable file to run it. If it doesn't work that way you will need to use a command prompt.

Ok I tried dropping it in the executable and it didnt work so how do I use a command prompt?

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:51 pm »
Ok I tried dropping it in the executable and it didnt work so how do I use a command prompt?

"error_recalc.exe FILENAME.bin"

Use the path to the error_recalc.exe file, and the path to your bin file.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 25, 2021, 08:12:00 am »
I'll break down the script apart:

Thanks! I’ll try to give it a look soon.

To use the EDC/ECC recalculator, you can simply drag the modified BIN file into the executable. A command line window will open and close itself once it’s done, no actions or parameters required.

Gordon98

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2021, 01:50:34 pm »
Hello, I really like what this hack has done, but there's still 1 thing that bugs me ever since x5 was released, and is the messed up teleport sounds for X and his armors, x4 and even x6 have the correct teleport sounds. Unarmored, Force and UA have the sounds inverted, while Falcon and Gaea have Zero's sounds for some reason, is it possible to fix this?

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #466 on: December 22, 2021, 07:29:13 pm »
A yearly pump up as what happened in the recent months acediez? The thread is so silent since then. The appointed update is then MIA...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 04:06:37 am by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 24, 2021, 04:39:11 pm »
I'm not working on this or any hacking projects since the last round of updates for all three projects.

I'll be back to game hacking during the next couple of months to finish a Goemon translation, and when I'm done with that, I'll tackle the dialogues update for X5, which should be v2.0.4

There's nothing else in the works though, and I don't guarantee there will be.
If I disappear, and someone else wants to build on top of what I did, my documentations are all already published on the archive.org download link for each project.

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 03, 2022, 07:46:12 pm »
Cool project, very welcome :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 07:54:10 pm by MD_Prometh »

Entity1037

• That One Girl Who Does Things™
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2022, 10:45:15 pm »
I'm trying to change the default button mappings but it's making no sense. The reference lists different values for the controller buttons than what both the original values and the example values have. Nothing lines up. I'm trying many different hex values for each input but it keeps setting it to the wrong buttons.

anthroxdq32

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2022, 04:25:40 pm »
I've been using the workbook to modify the damage tables so I can avoid revisiting Tidal Whale's stage twice.

The problem I'm having is with X. I can get the Capsule Bomb destroyed fine with TriThunder. But I can't seem to destroy the Heart Tank breakable block that's used for Zero with every weapon I've tried. I even used the Foruth Armor's Charged Buster and Nova Strike and it still won't work. It takes the hit and won't get destroyed. I tried 00 STA and 04 DMG and even 07 and 0D for DMG.

Is it because the block is only enabled for Zero? Is there also some sort of way I can destroy the Capsule Bomb for Zero with C-Sword and TriThunder??

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 04:34:56 pm by anthroxdq32 »

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2022, 07:15:06 pm »
I've been using the workbook to modify the damage tables so I can avoid revisiting Tidal Whale's stage twice.

The problem I'm having is with X. I can get the Capsule Bomb destroyed fine with TriThunder. But I can't seem to destroy the Heart Tank breakable block that's used for Zero with every weapon I've tried. I even used the Foruth Armor's Charged Buster and Nova Strike and it still won't work. It takes the hit and won't get destroyed. I tried 00 STA and 04 DMG and even 07 and 0D for DMG.

Is it because the block is only enabled for Zero? Is there also some sort of way I can destroy the Capsule Bomb for Zero with C-Sword and TriThunder??

Thanks.

F Laser works to the bomb before the capsule:
BIN address: 82D54
Modified value: 00 07

After every change you applied, you may also need to pass the patched bin through STARWIN's EDC/ECC recalculator: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1264/

and make sure you didn't accidently edited one or more wrong values if during hex editing.

Also if your cue file doesn't match edited bin file you may also encounter problems as well on some emulators (for example bizhawk only recognize .cue in ps1 mode for some reason) you may also need to make a fresh new cue to match the modified bin under certain situations: https://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:26:39 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

anthroxdq32

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2022, 09:09:40 pm »
F Laser works to the bomb before the capsule:
BIN address: 82D54
Modified value: 00 07

After every change you applied, you may also need to pass the patched bin through STARWIN's EDC/ECC recalculator: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1264/

and make sure you didn't accidently edited one or more wrong values if during hex editing.

Also if your cue file doesn't match edited bin file you may also encounter problems as well on some emulators (for example bizhawk only recognize .cue in ps1 mode for some reason) you may also need to make a fresh new cue to match the modified bin under certain situations: https://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/

I'm well aware of error_recalc and use it after every edit I've done for the game.

I'm also uninterested in the Capsule Bomb (unless I could destroy it with Zero's C-Sword and E-Blade) and using C-Flasher as it would require another revisit.

Have you bothered reading my post? Why can I inflict damage to the breakable block and it won't get destroyed?

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2022, 09:53:00 pm »
I'm well aware of error_recalc and use it after every edit I've done for the game.

I'm also uninterested in the Capsule Bomb (unless I could destroy it with Zero's C-Sword and E-Blade) and using C-Flasher as it would require another revisit.

Have you bothered reading my post? Why can I inflict damage to the breakable block and it won't get destroyed?

Oops, my bad. I didn't notice you were talking mainly about the blocks.
For the breakable block to heart tank I can get it capable to destroy by charged c shot, normal spike ball, charged spike ball

Normal Spike Ball to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 84446
Modified value: 00 04

Charged Spike ball to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 84458

Charged C Shot to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 8444C

Not sure about the issue you encountered. Could you provide about what kind of emulator/hardware did you use to run the modded game? As acediez's reply of the thread in previous days shows acediez is kinda inactive for a while, so I cannot guarantee there could be a faster fix for anything if there's indeed something wrong in current version.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:00:12 pm by Aceearly1993 »

anthroxdq32

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2022, 10:08:58 pm »
Oops, my bad. I didn't notice you were talking mainly about the blocks.
For the breakable block to heart tank I can get it capable to destroy by charged c shot, normal spike ball, charged spike ball

Normal Spike Ball to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 84446

Charged Spike ball to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 84458

Charged C Shot to destroy breakable block Tidal Whale:
BIN Address: 8444C

Not sure about the issue you encountered. Could you provide about what kind of emulator/hardware did you use to run the modded game? As acediez's reply of the thread in previous days shows acediez is kinda inactive for a while, so I cannot guarantee there could be a faster fix for anything if there's indeed something wrong in current version.
I tried enabling C-Shot charged up and non charged versions as well as Tri-Thunder before and they still wouldn't register for destroying the block. But it shows the hit happening.

I'm using a MODE on an actual PS1 so I don't think that's the problem. Does the USA version work editing the block values for that version? I'm using the Japanese version and I think it's part of my problem. I think there's a block where the Alia dialogues might register it like Crescent Grizzly's truck activator might be when the dialogues are turned off (without a patched version and the check needs to happen) in order for the game to continue. The data where the damage tables are seem to have some sort of check in the middle of them unlike the US version where it doesn't exist.

I'm going to have to use the C-Flasher route with Zero and the Capsule Bomb until this is figured out or I figure it out at some point.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2022, 10:22:52 pm »
The Improvement Project Addendum base patch should be applied on the US version of the game's ISO. Does not guarantee if the Japanese version of the game's ISO could work with the base patch in any form. You should then hex edit on the patched US version. In my tries the weapons work editing the values for the Tidal Whale breakable blocks.

anthroxdq32

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2022, 11:38:36 pm »
The Improvement Project Addendum base patch should be applied on the US version of the game's ISO. Does not guarantee if the Japanese version of the game's ISO could work with the base patch in any form. You should then hex edit on the patched US version. In my tries the weapons work editing the values for the Tidal Whale breakable blocks.
Thanks for confirming that the edits make the weapons work on that breakable block on the US version.

I'm testing different things right now and I'm hopeful I'll find the trigger for it like I did the trucks without a USA patched version.

Guilherme Resende

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2022, 03:48:57 pm »
I can't wait for this project to be 100% Ready!😄😄😄

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2022, 12:48:55 am »
Same here. The more I look at the updates, the more I become hopeful of this

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2022, 04:15:23 am »
I love this version of X5, if only there was a way to add mugshots to the ingame dialogs like X4 and X6 it would be cool! but I doubt it is possible.

Just a crazy idea  :D