News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 151237 times)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2021, 05:21:47 am »
Hello acediez. After several playthroughs I have following questions stucking in my head.
1) Given it's possible to reduce the HP of U-555, is it possible to also reduce Prism Guardian's HP?
 (the Firefly mid-boss, it consists of several teams, with a black unit and two pink units as a team)
2) From X4 to X6, after an air dash the acceleration after air dash is lost, and unlike how the air dash works in SNES games. Is it possible to adjust it using current "technical benchmarks" so that the acceleration won't lost after air dash?
3) Is it (theoretically) possible to port Nightmare Zero AI from X6 and replacing the Boss Zero AI with the Nightmare Zero one?

Also I'm training hard to see if I can beat the changed game without deaths while collecting all items.
EDIT: Done! Recorded some videos.
https://youtu.be/CSq99AarKeA
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:15:01 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Guilherme Resende

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2021, 07:59:24 pm »
Hey you,acediez!
Re-Switch the "Spike Rosered" Zero dialogs For Main and No Music Change 2.0.4 (Shuttle to Alternative) Please!!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:59:29 am by Guilherme Resende »

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2021, 08:55:30 pm »
Oh crap. How did I miss it when I was checking the alternate dialogues during beta tests? Guess we'll have to wait until when acediez is online.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 27, 2021, 10:30:29 pm »
Hmmmmm, ok, I know I'm asking a lot, but is it possible to get the free move on Falcon armor as soon as I get the leg parts? I totally understand if that's impossible without adding custom code.

It's possible, but there's no unarmored X sprites for that move, so the only way is to also add the option to get the complete armor sprite for the incomplete armors. I'll keep it in mind next time I work on this.

Re-Switch the "Spike Rosered" Zero dialogs For Main and No Music Change 2.0.4 (Shuttle to Alternative) Please!!!

Noted. Thanks for reporting it. I'll check it next time I update.

1) Given it's possible to reduce the HP of U-555, is it possible to also reduce Prism Guardian's HP?
 (the Firefly mid-boss, it consists of several teams, with a black unit and two pink units as a team)
2) From X4 to X6, after an air dash the acceleration after air dash is lost, and unlike how the air dash works in SNES games. Is it possible to adjust it using current "technical benchmarks" so that the acceleration won't lost after air dash?
3) Is it (theoretically) possible to port Nightmare Zero AI from X6 and replacing the Boss Zero AI with the Nightmare Zero one?

1) Possible, I just haven't worked on it. I do plan to document all bosses and midbosses HPs when I work on balancing options, someday.
2) Possible, I just haven't worked on it. I'm not sure I would.
3) I haven't worked on boss AI's, but a straight port is very unlikely to work. Sounds more like you would have to compare both codes and replicate it in X5 manually, adapting to the graphics available in X5. It's honestly not something I would like to work on.
Thanks for spreading the word doing videos  :thumbsup:

omega prime

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2021, 01:06:36 pm »
I want Normal X and Gaea Armor can use air dash:)

Guilherme Resende

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2021, 08:59:45 pm »
Better not to forget to change a Color Palette of the ultimate Armor from X5 to X4 as shown in the battle against X For a next Version or switch the X5 Life Bar to X4 Life Bar and turn silver the Virus Status UI.☺️☺️☺️

onepkvn1

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2021, 11:22:40 pm »
Is it possible to bind Zero's Sougenmu into a command like how guard shield works in MMX6 tweaks?