Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.1.3)

Started by acediez, October 22, 2019, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elyos03

Just gotta report that Falcon Armor X is making Zero's teleport sounds for some reason.

May be a bit unimportant, but you did fix that issue with Gaea Armor X.
buy mega man zero/zx legacy collection with money

acediez

Quote from: Elyos03 on July 24, 2022, 05:20:28 PMJust gotta report that Falcon Armor X is making Zero's teleport sounds for some reason.

May be a bit unimportant, but you did fix that issue with Gaea Armor X.

Yeah, that's from the original game too.
I somehow got the idea it was only Gaea Armor when I made the fix 😅
I guess I haven't played normally for awhile.

I'll make the same change for the Falcon Armor next time.

RitaXBianka90

Hello Acediez good night so I wanted to ask something I know it's impossible at the moment is that I've always played Megaman in the Japanese version it's my favorite version but this patch you made made me fall in love with X5 again I wanted to know is it possible to make one this patch for the japanese version? I just wanted some things from the patch that changed gameplay from exploring areas with other mechanical weapons to skipping texts better graphics and osts that were not used the rest would not need to move the text leaves it in japa even because it is the japanese version the opening is already included I just wanted the same things that are in this patcher and some codes too, in case you want to modify something to be able to do 100% with Zero without searching a phase, it's really annoying not being able to pick up all the parts and spend hours on collision I always had to use this one code

I still find this logo beautiful, I really wanted to see it in the American version with the name Megaman but in this design and coloring

injoon84

I have quickly gone through all the possible in-game-dialogue and cutscenes. Doesn't seems to have regression but there may still be typos leftover from the previous version.
Also, I'm busy with work these days. So my report will come in very late. Anyway, below is what I noticed during my testing.

Report for 2.1.2 using EPSXE 2.0.5:
1) If you skip the intro cutscene by pressing 'START' after beating Sigma, you'll get ranking during Alia's report. Same with 2.0.x?
2) The dialogue text when reaching Burn Dinorex is kind of flicking due to lightning effect? Same with 2.0.x?
3) Alia's dialogue with X/Zero during the beginning of Tidal Whale's stage still refering to U-555 instead of "U-555" if Hydrogen is no longer needed. Same with 2.0.x.
4) Alia's dialogue about "The temperature is lower then the other side of rock". Shouldn't it be "is lower than"? Same with 2.0.x.
5) There are still differences with the name of the parts for Enigma/Space Shuttle between the in-game-dialogue, Alia's report and Signas's briefing. Already mentioned it before. Same with 2.0.x.
6) Personally, the scripts still feel awkward to me. Especially the scene if you let the timer run out. Same with 2.0.x.
7) In-game-timer still moving even during the text dialogue on two occasion. The timer only stop during the cutscene. Vanilla also the same.
a) After beating Ultimate X/ Zero/ Awakened Zero.
b) After beating the 2nd Form Sigma.

nanashi89

Hello. trying to load a save from Mega Man X5 on RetroArch Vita gives me the following:

"ERROR : A game data couldn't be found ! Press X button."

ZEROmaverick

I suggest to use the "native" PSP/POPS emulator (Adrenaline) on PSVita instead of using RetroArch

ZEROmaverick

Quote from: Guilherme Resende on July 31, 2022, 06:59:22 AMJust a question: Does anyone out there know how to make an Improvement project for Mega Man Xtreme 2 (One of my Favorite games)?
In addition to being just a Share of Heart tanks for Both, as is this Hack from the link below: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5032/
It could also restore the Final Messages of Dr.Light's Capsules from the Japanese Version and correct a typo in the intro when saying "Lavatory" instead of "Laboratory" and also make special weapons for the two when X defeats the Boss, Zero Gains Boss Ability Too.

I suggest to contact the X-Treme 2 Hack's Author at https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=17112

Guilherme Resende

Acediez, You need to put the names of the Japanese voice actors and the names of the opening and ending songs in the credits of Mega man X4 Undub and Retranslating the Final message. Please, acediez!
Edit In the credits:
Ruth Shiraishi to Kentarō Itō
Wayne Doster to Ryōtarō Okiayu
Michelle Gazepis to Yuko Mizutani and more Japanese voice actors.

And also add more stuff from the Japanese version, like the Songs:
"Makenai Ai Ga Kitto Aru"(負けない 愛 が きっと ある) And "One More Chance" To Combine with all of this Hack.

Kaizer01

Quote from: Guilherme Resende on August 03, 2022, 04:52:37 PMAcediez, You need to put the names of the Japanese voice actors and the names of the opening and ending songs in the credits of Mega man X4 Undub and Retranslating the Final message. Please, acediez!
Edit In the credits:
Ruth Shiraishi to Kentarō Itō
Wayne Doster to Ryōtarō Okiayu
Michelle Gazepis to Yuko Mizutani and more Japanese voice actors.

And also add more stuff from the Japanese version, like the Songs:
"Makenai Ai Ga Kitto Aru"(負けない 愛 が きっと ある) And "One More Chance" To Combine with all of this Hack.

Why is this minor detail so important? You've asked for it at least 4 times. Have some patience.

Guilherme Resende

Quote from: acediez on August 03, 2022, 09:27:18 PMNo, I don't think I will 🙄
speaks seriously! put on the name of the American voice actors in a hack with Japanese voice actors? this is crap. even so, I'm sorry.

julayla

Kaizer and Acediez are right. Plus this is the wrong forum you're asking.

Guilherme Resende

Quote from: acediez on August 04, 2022, 10:22:11 AMI'm sure the voice actors are heartbroken
what it means? and I'm sorry about all this :'( :'(  :'( , because I was thinking of one thing:
what if players who play Megaman X4 Undub don't know what opening and ending songs are these and who voiced the characters in the Japanese version?

ZEROmaverick

Quote from: Guilherme Resende on August 04, 2022, 11:37:43 AMwhat it means? and I'm sorry about all this :'( :'(  :'( , because I was thinking of one thing:
what if players who play Megaman X4 Undub don't know what opening and ending songs are these and who voiced the characters in the Japanese version?

Open Browser > Go to Google > Type "Rockman X4 opening and ending theme and voice actor names" and hit Enter > Mission Accomplished :D

Guilherme Resende

Since that's how it is, I'm only going to play the Japanese Version (Rockman X4) and not Megaman X4 Undub, but let me know when Acediez updates the X6 Tweaks.

RitaXBianka90

I'm sorry for what I'm going to say, I already asked I think twice to put the X5 Improvment Project logo like the Japanese version like they did in the X6 Tweaks Patcher, but I asked 4 times and still say this one at the end I think it's a little immaturity

RitaXBianka90

I don't want to offend the guy who is insisting to name the voice actors but say that he didn't play the undub version because of that I think it's immaturity the person won't name the name because he's being pressured with an attitude like that even worse

RitaXBianka90

I'm not saying that the director is wrong but irritating the guy because he doesn't want to put it makes the situation worse

acediez

Quote from: RitaXBianka90 on August 04, 2022, 01:51:54 PMI already asked I think twice to put the X5 Improvment Project logo

I answered the first time 😑

Since we're still going on about this... I'll repeat, again, something that should be obvious (here, and for anything on this board):

This is a hobbie. Not my dayjob. It's not even a Patreon.
I am simply showing you the stuff I work on by my own interest, at my own pace. Not exactly doing stuff "by demand".

I read every post (most of the time, at least). I like getting ideas and suggestion posts. I use them all the time. But I don't have the obligation to answer to every single one of them.

I will ignore questions I've already answered multiple times already, or if it's just not something fun for me to get into (even if I agree it "would be nice to have it")

Posting the same stuff multiple time won't change my mind.
Messaging me on my personal or art accounts outside of RHDN won't change my mind.

If you're so frustrated about me not doing something: learn how to do it on your own. Publish your own version of the project if you want. You have my blessing 🙌