News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 150705 times)

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 27)
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2021, 02:15:04 am »
Sorry I had to reupload once again (the Falcon dash speed was removed incorrectly in BETA 26). No other changes were made.

You can always continue your current save file with a different build. I don't think any other major issues could come up with these minor changes.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2021, 04:41:40 am »
Good, checked BETA 27 a bit, I think it's strong enough for a formal build, now double checking about it further to see if there's any text error or gameplay glitch I could've missed. Checking Eurasia Crashed dialogue variants...

edit: Sorry I thought the previous one was THE last of text error but I was wrong, when checking Eurasia crashed dialogue variants I found some which were previously unable to see for some reason.
- Alia's nametag at one sentence of a navigation right before the first rock cave at Dinorex lava is one character shifted to the right.
- Before Zero fighting Boss X, at one sentence X's nametag is one character shifted to the right.
- During the cutscene after X vs Zero fight, at one sentence ??'s nametag is one character shifted to the right.
- The Final stages unlocked/Shuttle operation ended/Eurasia crashed dialogue variant of Pegasus result has a few sentence where Alia's nametag missing, while the dialogue takes nametag's place.
Sigh, this time I'm confident they're THE last of remaining obvious text errors even they're really that minor.

Also in beta 25? or 26? I noticed a weird glitch (?) which Zero's 3rd slash instantly kills a non-Lv.96 Grizzly when changed the damage of 3rd slash to 05 (my personal preference of damage was 2,1,5,3,3, only for anyone who has customization reference usage), I forgot the details because of my bad memory, I don't know if it's trully a glitch or I just inputted a wrong value, but It seems that it has been corrected in beta 27, but from now I must be more cautious about any steps and each saber strikes.

And I'd like to have a request to add a note in the readme: Don't use pre-exsited save files you once saved in unedited vanilla, or the data will mismatch (difficulty incorrectly changed to Xtreme) or other unknown bugs.

And to further ease my short memory I'll paste a series of my usual preference of customizes here (again, only for anyone who has customization reference usage):

Make Ground Fire able to destroy Prism Generator (the thing generates plasma sphere and blocked the way to Firefly capsule)
BIN Address:   82CB0
HEX Data Original:    FF 00
HEX Data Modified:    00 03

Charged Ground Fire able to destroy Prism Generator
BIN Address:   82CC2

Charged Ground Fire able to destroy the destroyable blocks guarding Necrobat capsule
BIN Address:   844F2
HEX Data Original:    02 00
HEX Data Modified:    00 04

Spike Ball able to destroy the destroyable blocks guarding Necrobat capsule
BIN Address:   844E6

Charged F Laser able to destroy the destroyable blocks guarding Necrobat capsule
BIN Address:   844F6

Quake Blazer able to destroy Prism Generator
BIN Address:   82CEE

C Flasher able to destroy the destroyable blocks guarding Necrobat capsule
BIN Address:   8452C

acediez, at DmgTables the "?" column in between Burn Dinorex Midboss and Tidal Whale stage Capsule bomb is for the Prism Generator.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:59:51 am by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2021, 04:37:20 pm »
- Alia's nametag at one sentence of a navigation right before the first rock cave at Dinorex lava is one character shifted to the right.
- Before Zero fighting Boss X, at one sentence X's nametag is one character shifted to the right.
- During the cutscene after X vs Zero fight, at one sentence ??'s nametag is one character shifted to the right.
- The Final stages unlocked/Shuttle operation ended/Eurasia crashed dialogue variant of Pegasus result has a few sentence where Alia's nametag missing, while the dialogue takes nametag's place.
Sigh, this time I'm confident they're THE last of remaining obvious text errors even they're really that minor.
For that last one... you say there are "a few", I only found one.
Besides that, it's all fixed. Updated to BETA 28

Also in beta 25? or 26? I noticed a weird glitch (?) which Zero's 3rd slash instantly kills a non-Lv.96 Grizzly when changed the damage of 3rd slash to 05 (my personal preference of damage was 2,1,5,3,3, only for anyone who has customization reference usage), I forgot the details because of my bad memory, I don't know if it's trully a glitch or I just inputted a wrong value, but It seems that it has been corrected in beta 27
As long as it's working ok on the latest one, we're good  :P

(archive.org is acting weird, my upload is stuck on queue, so BETA 28 is not up yet. I guess I'll just have to wait)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:34:11 pm by acediez »

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2021, 07:00:56 pm »
For that last one... you say there are "a few", I only found one.
Besides that, it's all fixed. Updated to BETA 28
As long as it's working ok on the latest one, we're good  :P

(archive.org is acting weird, my upload is stuck on queue, so BETA 28 is not up yet. I guess I'll just have to wait)
don't worry, here we will wait for the patch to be online, literally this has been a long way to get to the final v2.0
thank you acediez for the work you have done, Aceearly1993 thank you for being the constant reviewer of patches

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 28)
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2021, 09:34:35 pm »
Bad news: the text errors I mentioned stay the same as in Beta 27. Did you upload a wrong revision acediez?
And I'm gonna check the variation with music changes, until an error from deltapatcher hinted the file refused access. The variation with music changes in Beta 27 did not have this issue. Maybe they're compiled wrongly again?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:48:56 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 28)
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2021, 09:48:09 pm »
Seems like it... but it's fixed on the one I'm submitting to RHDN right now  ;D
Yeah, it's been long enough. Whatever small typo still remaining somewhere in there, we can live with it. If anything actually serious comes up, I can always update it to v2.0.1 or whatever.

It's been fun. Thanks Aceearly1993 and everyone dropping by!

an error from deltapatcher hinted the file refused access

That sounds like a file access problem on your end. Make sure the source and output files are not being used by something else (game being open in an emulator, for example)
Try copying the source file and writing the output file somewhere else.

(I checked on the files I'm uploading now, it's working fine here)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:44:15 am by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0)
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2021, 01:43:12 am »
I noticed Falcon also suffered the same glitch on invincibility with body contact. I'm not sure with the actual way to trigger it .
But the way I triggered it was while dashing on the air, hold the "dash" button and press the "attacks/Special" button repeatedly.
Also, I'm kind of busy with life recently and just can't focus on testing out the recent releases. So, this might be my last test for the time being. Sorry about that.

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0)
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2021, 01:52:10 am »
You're right, I'm surprised I didn't get it on my last few playthroughs, but it's there.
I guess that's one last critical bug to take care fo before submitting to the site.

Edit: I think I managed to fix it already. I'll upload it as a new BETA 29 for now. I'll wait another day in case something else comes up.

Btw injoon84, thanks for coming for one last bug report, and for all your help so far. Don't worry about having to go, we're almost done here.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:00:47 am by acediez »

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 29)
« Reply #348 on: August 11, 2021, 05:48:56 am »
Well, OK, go through the whole game content once again, triple checking... X's campaign with Falcon armor no obvious bugs and bad exploits, next is Zero's campaign... Will take a lot of time
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:00:25 am by Aceearly1993 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2021, 10:47:47 am »
I really appreciate it Aceearly1993! Though at this point I don't think there's much risk of something breaking outside of the last specific changes, so personally I won't go for complete playthroughs at this point. For today, I will simply be "stress testing" the problematic moves that have caused more unexpected bugs (Falcon Air Dash, Zero's F-Splasher) by testing them on various situations, cancelling them with various weapons, etc.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2021, 12:25:12 pm »
Can we get a weapon to break that stupid wall at the end of the jet bike course?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »
Found another instance of the Falcon Dash getting the invincibility glitch (dashing precisely to the top of a corner, cancelling the air dash by walking)

Can we get a weapon to break that stupid wall at the end of the jet bike course?
Unfortunately the wall isn't coded as an enemy, so you'd have to program it to react to a weapon from scratch.
But I gave it a look at managed to freely reduce the number of orbs you need for the wall to break. I made it so BETA 30 will forgive you if you missed one (the wall now requires 7 orbs instead of 8 to break). And I put the addresses in the readme in case anyone wants to make it even more forgiving.

I swear this is the last thing I add to this release :laugh:

v2.0 BETA 30
- Falcon Air Dash invincibility glitch fix
- Ride Chaser segment: Wall needs only 7 orbs to break. Addresses to adjust value added to readme.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2021, 03:59:49 pm »
That's even better, thank you.

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2021, 04:08:47 pm »
It would be great but it would be to pass the stage very simple, it is like asking you to remove certain spikes in MMX4 to obtain the buster which would take away the challenge, although there I do feel that it would be fair to accommodate the hitbox because then you can hit the spike and it does not mark it as damage

well that's another matter xD
Even so, lowering the number of orbs is fine since if there are two that are somewhat tricky to take
I swear this is the last thing I add to this release :laugh:

v2.0 BETA 30
- Falcon Air Dash invincibility glitch fix
- Ride Chaser segment: Wall needs only 7 orbs to break. Addresses to adjust value added to readme.
I hope so, because my new2ds already asks me not so much update xD
nah it's not true, keep giving a great job to this game which if it had things very badly done and who better than us fans to fix this, especially you who are literally seeing the code, keep it up, here we are supporting you

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2021, 05:57:27 pm »
Another build? Hopefully this would be the very very last one to add new stuff...Are you 100% sure this time acediez? Because judging from previous builds prior to beta 26 when every time new thing changes to Armor, there tend to have a risk for something able to break the game would surface...To make sure it did not happen there's no way besides going through the whole game content once again, now going to beta 30... ...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:07:13 pm by Aceearly1993 »

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2021, 06:40:01 pm »
Can someone tell me which path/s has the least backtracking with all the items? I will greatly appreciate it.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2021, 06:41:32 pm »
Actually, the bugs for the Falcon Air Dash and F-Splasher were not introduced later, they've been there since the hacks for those moves were first implemented, we just didn't notice. injoon noticed the one for F-Splasher, but it took me awhile to understand why it happened.

We did get a few unexpected regressions (like that one build Dark Hold broke), because I had to move some code around to fit new stuff, but I haven't touched or added any extra code for awhile. For the Falcon Air Dash fix, I'm simply adding one-line resets to the flight invincibility flag on various points of the existing code (to things like touching the ground, shooting in the air, etc). If it were to break something, it would break on any stage, there's no reason for it to specifically affect later parts of the game.
And if we were to have a fluke with the disc building process (like that time mugshots didn't show up), it would be evident very quickly.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:49:16 pm by acediez »

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2021, 07:12:35 pm »
Can someone tell me which path/s has the least backtracking with all the items? I will greatly appreciate it.
Just go with Zero and beat Cressent Grizzly, Volt Kraken, Shinning Firefly and Tidal Whale(use the attack of Shinning Firefly to get the final piece of armor with Zero)
Change to X use the Falcon Armor to get all parts of Gaea Armor beat BurnDinorex, Dark Necrobat, Spiked Rose and Spiral Pegasus(Just Fly to get the capsules of Dinorex, Pegasus and Spiked)
this path have less backtracking for the armors and heart pieces

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2021, 07:15:25 pm »
Just go with Zero and beat Cressent Grizzly, Volt Kraken, Shinning Firefly and Tidal Whale(use the attack of Shinning Firefly to get the final piece of armor with Zero)
Change to X use the Falcon Armor to get all parts of Gaea Armor beat BurnDinorex, Dark Necrobat, Spiked Rose and Spiral Pegasus(Just Fly to get the capsules of Dinorex, Pegasus and Spiked)
this path have less backtracking for the armors and heart pieces
I will give it a shot, thanks!

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2021, 09:58:56 pm »

Disregarding the Enigma/Shuttle launch order and boss weaknesses, this is what I came up with:

As X or Zero:

Volt Kraken
 - Falcon Part Capsule (no requirement)

As Fourth Armor:

Tidal Whale
 - Heart Tank (Tri-Thunder)
 - Falcon Armor Capsule (Tri-Thunder Charged)

As Zero:

Spike Rosered
 - Heart Tank (F-Splasher on V-Blocks)

Dark Necrobat
 - Heart Tank (no requirement)
 - Sub Tank (no requirement)
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Twin Dream)

As X or Zero:

Crescent Grizzly
 - Sub Tank (no requirement)
 - Falcon Part Capsule (no requirement)
 - Heart Tank (Dark Hold)

Shining Firefly (Fourth Armor)
 - Heart Tank (Dark Hold)
 - EX-Tank (Tri-Thunder/E-Blade)
 - Falcon Part Capsule (Crescent Shot/C-Slash)

As Falcon Armor:

Spiral Pegasus
 - W-Tank (no requirement)
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor Flight)

As Falcon Armor (or anything with Hyper Dash):

Burn Dinorex
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor Flight, or a precise jump with Hyper Dash)

Revisit:

Spike Rosered
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor, or Zero with Jumper Part, Hyper Dash, and lots of patience)

Volt Kraken
 - Heart Tank (Gaea Armor, or Zero with F-Splasher either using also Dark Hold or just being very careful)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:35:06 pm by acediez »