I have a few issues with this Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum:
- Keep both character bonuses regardless of which one is chosen
This one supposed to keep Fourth Armor if you start the game with Zero right?
Well, it's not working. No Fourth Armor or Ultimate Armor.
Also, when you play as Zero, the Weapon Menu is also wrong. It shows as Z-SABER and not Z-BUSTER.
- Cheat Code to unlock Ultimate Armor will keep the Fourth Armor selectable
Yes, you get Ultimate Armor and also managed to keep the Fourth Armor but you start off the intro stage as Fourth Armor.
Is that intention?
- Cheat Codes to unlock Ultimate Armor and Black Zero can be combined
Well, how do you combined both cheat codes?
You got to highlight either X for Ultimate Armor or Zero for Black Zero.
But once you move the cursor to another character, doesn't that reset back the cheat code?
So far I failed to combine these cheat codes.
I had no idea I wanted an addendum such as this.
But there's one problem: the Hex Editing Customization doesn't really work for me. I did what the Readme asks, saved it, and nothing's changed in the BIN file (that I know of).
It's working for me. Well, at least for those I tried to change or restore back:
- Title Screen voice clip ("Rockman X5") working
- Change W-Shredder Input from (Square) to (Triangle) working
- Navigator Calls (modified = all disabled) working
- Exit Stage Button (modified = always available) working
Also, acediez stated it must be customize from this Addendum. I suspect maybe you Hex Edit it on the original bin file?