News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 2 RELEASED!!  (Read 1465 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 2 RELEASED!!
« on: October 16, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »

Update By: Zynk

This is a player sprite hack of Adventure Island 2 for the NES. This hack changes Master Higgins’ player sprites into his girlfriend Tina. There are 3 patches for each region release: US, JP, and EU.

A lot of sprites were reconstructed to fit Tina's custom sprites; notably, the skateboarding, jumping and swimming sprites, and the part where the player is riding IN the pterodactyl, instead of only a head sticking out of the flying dino's back (like a pilot riding in a biplane), in this hack the player is riding ON its back.

Special Thanks to Spiderdave for helping fix a bug in the game. Apparently, that bug got carried over in Adventure Island 3 *gasps*.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 2 RELEASED!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 04:20:53 pm »
I liked the first one, so I know I'll enjoy the second part. :)

C'mon Zynk, do Tina's Adventure Island III and Tina's Adventure Island IV, but you gotta do part IV with your translation. ;)   

ASR_94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 11:30:12 pm »
I love you sprite swaping hacks great job ;D

vhr2121

• Vincent Hernandez! Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
    • Vincent's Hidden Gaming Place
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:28 am »
I played this game as a kid a lot, so I have memories with it. I always wondered what would be like if I played as the "Damsel in Distress" instead of the "chubby but somewhat athletic hero" and now it is a reality thanks to you. Awesome work!

Mega11231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 06:25:18 pm »
Nice keep it up friend

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 10:54:29 am »
I'm glad to see more games get the Roll-Chan treatment, haha ;D
I've always loved this game series too, and this seems like a nice little twist to attract veterans and newcomers alike :beer:
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 08:43:16 pm »
For me, it says that the rar file is corrupt or damaged whenever I try to open it. :(

Sliver X

• EX•CINERIBVS•IGNIS•EXCITABITVR
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 11:24:00 pm »
The RAR format changed as of v5.0: Update your archiver.

(Not sure why people still use RAR when 7z is basically superior in every way.)

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 01:43:48 am »
The RAR format changed as of v5.0: Update your archiver.

(Not sure why people still use RAR when 7z is basically superior in every way.)

Not really. WinRAR offers much better usability than 7zip as an explorer, also I prefer RAR over 7z for some things because I can search inside RAR archives using Windows Search once the appropriate plugin (RAR iFilter) are installed. For archived or compressed documents, ebooks inside RAR files, it’s very useful. 7z archives, without any way to search inside them, are just solid blocks, not searchable unless extracted.

WinRAR also extracts and compresses faster and with much less memory requirements than 7z despite a high dictionary size. After a 7z long archiving operation (think game), if your PC is low on virtual memory, you often find a PC sluggish and it has paged out a lot to the pagefile (I had to reboot after attempting to archive "Diablo I" a ~500MB game / I have 16GBs of RAM too). After a WinRAR archiving operation, system is still always snappy afterwards. Lastly difference in compression ratios of RAR5 and 7z with LZMA2 are minimal, and RAR archives have options for recovery data that 7z lacks.

I bought a license like 10 some years ago, still works, why switch? For the record I use both WinRAR & 7-zip, they both have their benefits and work well together.