Thank you very much for this effort you did here. I never finish the original game when I was younger, and I finally did with all these improvements
I used the recoloured dungeon, the rearranged bosses and the «no lost» patches and I think those definitively improved the original game too.
For me one of the best is the fact that you can see the cracks on the walls now. I don't have time now to try to blow every wall of Hyrule... I wish there would be more hints in the world map or in dungeons though.
Regarding my experience, this is what I notice playing the game:
- I don't know if this is a bug or not, or it was already like this in the original game, but when you use the stairs of a dungeon room, when you arrive at the destination room, Link always appears far from them, which looks weird and confusing. Of course it's not important, but just for you to know.
- I think the boss in the dungeon 3 is the wrong one in the rearranged bosses patch.
- When you get the silver arrows (at least with the recoloured patch where the Ganon's dungeon is red) all the screen (which only in this case is gray) suddenly turns into red too. I don't know if that is a bug but just for you to know it.
And what I'd love to see in future releases:
- Make the bosses more difficult to beat: Gohma only need to take one arrow to die which is kind of lame for a boss (at least 3 hits would be acceptable). Ganon only need one arrow to die. That's too few for the final boss (again, at least three rounds would make it).
- Reduce the hits you need to kill some regular enemies (blue knights, blue magicians, etc.). I mean, there are minions more difficult to beat than the bosses... (For instance in Dungeon 5, there is a room with like 10 of them and it's very frustrating)
- Auto-heart refill if you have medicine in the inventory (similar to what fairy in a bottle does in alttp)
- Pointer for dungeons in the map, at least when you first discover where are they.
- Pointer for shops in the map once you discover them so you don't have to look for help outside the game to remember where to by a medicine, etc.
- More ingame hints, improving texts as «GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...» for something that actually make you think that you need a piece of meat... (I had to check on the internet what I had to do there...)
- Add a sound to whenever there is a a hidden secret in a room, like in Link's Awakening, when carrying the compass.
- Optional patch to disable the Lion key. It doesn't make sense to kill a room of enemies to get a small key when you won't need anymore...
- Make link have faster animation when use the sword to feel the control more like in «a link to the past» or «link's awakening».
- Make link to be able to move in diagonal, similar to «a link to the past» or «link's awakening»
- Make Link to be able to do a spin attack, similar to «a link to the past» or «link's awakening»