I've been trying to implement the shield and to be honest it's very difficult and time consuming . Instead I'll just keep the original sword, but shorten it. So it won't turn golden.
If you really need more varied colors integrated into the title graphics, it's possible to recycle some existing sprites and use them to complement the background tiles.
Trax brings an interesting point.
One thing I can think of are the leaves that cover the Triforce tiles are not actually background tiles, but instead foreground/sprite tiles.
So you have tiles $CA up to $D7 (Fourteen 8x8 tiles!) of the sprite tiles for actual space for any new mockup you want to do.
Additionally, there are some dummy sprites near the title screen graphics for a Lynel, a rock and the bearded NPC, which seem to go unused in the Title screen data, and are actually loaded again with the overworld sprites.
So with that, and if my assumption is correct, then you should have another eight 8x8 tiles to use, adding up to a total of twenty-two 8x8 tiles for any new mockup you choose!
And not just that, but what I'm seeing, I think you can even re-purpose the "duplicated" green palette in the sprite palette row (which the game uses for the sprite leaves, so they match the leaves outbox) for a completely new colour palette for whatever you choose to have as mock up.
The palette is $00,$08,$1A,$28. $00 is still used as transparent colour, but you can still repurpose the other 3 colours to whatever you choose which isn't brown, green and yellow.
You can technically go a little nuts with the mockup now thanks to Trax's suggestion
Apart from that, I have now finally decided to put a little time into the optional GFX patches, and did the following:
- Separated all of the optional GFX patches (NES and Link's Awakening patches) into their proper BIN files as main Redux
- Incorporated the new subtitle into the optional GFX patches
- Redid/retouched the burnable tree and cracked walls for both NES and LA's GFX patches, including a new burnable tree that's subtle, yet discernible, akin to the one in main Redux
- The "LEVEL-0" text found above each of the Dungeon maps has now properly been modified to "DUNGEON-0". The new text has been repointed and done with custom code courtesy of user @abw
- updated the IPS files for the optional GFX patches.
I think with all this prep work on Point #1, it should be easier to move stuff around once the proper bank swap with MMC3 becomes a thing.
Let me know if you guys find anything odd.