News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I cannot get any hack to work. Is it the emulator?  (Read 1116 times)

TT41

• View Profile
I cannot get any hack to work. Is it the emulator?
« on: October 08, 2019, 07:21:42 pm »
Hello, All new to this site. I currently running windows 10, Snes9x, and standard USA smc roms. I have used Lunar IPS to to apply IPS patch from a couple downloads from this site to Super Mario smc file and it says successful. I then try loading the game in Snes9x and the screen is just black. Am I doing something wrong? is there a different emulator I should use?

Thanks.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: I cannot get any hack to work. Is it the emulator?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 09:41:31 am »
Tell us which patch you used and which ROM you used and we'll see if we can replicate the problem. :)

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:02:50 pm »
Probably need to remove or add a header before patching with TUSH which is hosted on this website.
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

TT41

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 08:24:00 pm »
Tell us which patch you used and which ROM you used and we'll see if we can replicate the problem. :)

I am using Lunar IPS v1.02 and downloaded a clean version rom of USA Super Mario smc and sfc file. Both games work fine in Snes9x. I try applying

Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land
Super Demo World: The Legend Continues

to a clean version of Super Mario and the screen is black on Snes9x.

I downloading SMW The Princess Rescue and beat v01 and the game worked flawless.

For some reason none of the IPS patches work for some reason. tried different downlods of Mario and still doesnt work.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 01:53:28 am »
1. Probably all Super Mario World ROM hacks are made using the only level editor, Lunar Magic, that what I've heard STILL requires adding headers to the ROM.
(Good program otherwise, but requiring headers was stupid in 2000, let alone in 2019 :P )
But anyways, you'll need to use a tool to add a header.

2. However, Super Demo World: TDC is unique in that it also requires expanding the ROM to 6MB, using another tool, Lunar Expand, by the hack author.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018