News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Alphadream bankruptcy.  (Read 824 times)

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Alphadream bankruptcy.
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:10:05 am »
You may have already heard, but Alphadream, the company behind the Mario and Luigi RPG series has gone bankrupt with the colossal failure of the Bowsers Inside Story remake, nobody has any idea yet if they can recover or if they'll be bought out by Nintendo. Hopefully this doesn't end with the series dead or with AD becoming the next Rareware or Camelot.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

PowerPanda

• View Profile
Re: Alphadream bankruptcy.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 02:18:06 pm »
I was sad to hear this. I think they were right to remake Superstar Saga, but BiS wasn't really well-loved. They should have gone forward with a new game that played a bit more closely to Superstar Saga. I think BiS and DreamTeam were a bit too far "out there".

Spud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:07:20 pm »
I was super shocked when I heard of Alphadream's bankruptcy and immediately I was worried that we would never see a Mario & Luigi game again. The Mario & Luigi series has given me hours of entertainment and some games in the series I've played two or three times, but I really think that the Bowser's Inside Story remake wasn't necessary as you can already play the original on the 3DS, plus the fact that the 3DS has been a dying handheld for a few years now is what really hit Alphadream hard. I really hope Nintendo hires the team of Aplhadream to continue making games under their wing because I don't want to see the series die off and leave us with sub-par Paper Mario games.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 11:12:32 pm »
Oh, Bowser's Inside Story was great fun, I thought – but Dream Team was a tiresome retread.  I might ponder that someone must have been really itching to remake all the Giant Battles in BIS in the same rendered style as Dream Team, even though I think the Giant Battles were hardly a high point of Dream Team – waaaay too much obnoxiously-tricky timing.

I was hoping to pick up the Superstar Saga remake on clearance from somewhere or other, but it disappeared from store shelves with astonishing swiftness.  Then again, the same could be said for other late releases like Captain Toad and Warioware Gold.  I suppose there's probably no hope it'll ever be less than forty bucks on the eShop.

Of course it would be bloody marvelous if Square and Nintendo suddenly teamed up to make a proper SMRPG sequel, but it's been 13 years now since they made Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and I would have expected it to happen long before now if it was ever going to happen.

In the meantime, there's still no one working on using Tomato's tools to translate Tomato Adventure, is there?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »
I wasn't much of a fan, but Partners in Time was my favorite Mario & Luigi.
I'll hope for the best. I doubt Mario games are what put them in this bad of debt.