News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Samurai Pizza Cats (FC) secret stages?  (Read 609 times)

Rastan

• View Profile
Samurai Pizza Cats (FC) secret stages?
« on: September 24, 2019, 05:52:33 pm »
Hi, I'm new here. Great site. I have a question.

When I was a kid I had a famiclone. I used to play this game called Samurai Pizza Cats. It has 11 stages. I only got to the 9th level. My older friend beat it and told me the codes to the remaining two. He also told me he discovered another two stages, but he lost the codes! You supposedly had to do some specific actions and even then you had a small chance of getting to the secret stages.

Last month I was feeling nostalgic and replayed the game. I remembered what my friend told me and began to try different things that lead nowhere. Maybe he was messing with me. I haven't seen him since childhood. My family moved to a different country.

Now I really want to know. Does the game have more than 11 stages? The cart was pirated, maybe they were hacked levels? I figured someone experienced in hacking might know the game from the inside.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Samurai Pizza Cats (FC) secret stages?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 04:01:46 am »
If GameFAQs is anything to go by, there are eleven stages, and your childhood friend was probably lying, as kids ALWAYS used to do in the days before the internet. :D
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/577384-kyatto-ninden-teyandee/faqs

Rastan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 04:41:51 pm »
I also think he was lying BUT there may be some truth to this ;). He said you were supposed to find a secret (a power up I think?) in Level 9. He couldn't replicate it.
The cart had a level select so I kept choosing and playing level 9 until something strange spawned :o.
It looked like an orb or something and no it wasn't the spark enemy. It was unreachable since it spawned under the platform.

Just for illustration.

Maybe it was a graphics glitch. My memory might be deceiving me but it looked solid for a glitch. I don't have the cart or the famiclone anymore :(.
I PMed Lomax who worked on Kyatto Ninden Teyandee the Second Coming. No response yet.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:26:30 pm »
I tried hacking my way into additional levels but all I entered were garbage data areas. It doesn't rule it out completely, but it is more evidence that suggests its a fake story. Are you sure they were extra levels and not just some secret areas inside of a level?

Rastan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 03:19:51 am »
I never saw them with my own eyes. They were supposed to be full levels, with different codes and new bosses. See, I wouldn't have believed him had I not seen the orb spawning in stage 9. It was unreachable under the platform. I don't know how it spawned or if it can spawn in different locations. This was what like 15 years ago.
It was a pirated cart with a level select at the beginning. Maybe it was tampered with in other ways. I doubt the pirates would make two new levels though. Then again I doubt the devs would have made them this inaccessible either.

So this is more about the mystery of the orb spawning in stage 9. The stages might be fake, the thing spawning wasn't.