News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Inactive member?  (Read 924 times)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Inactive member?
« on: October 09, 2019, 04:37:36 pm »
mrrichard999 used to post lots of stuff and he's still number 2 in submissions. He stopped posting and submitting stuff. Anyone know what happened to him? I tried to pm him but it said I can't message him.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Inactive member?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »
IIRC he was banned.
There has to be a better life.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:46:08 pm »
Oh man, what happened? He really found some good hacks.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:17:00 pm »
FYI: He's still active as we're working on a project or two together. I can confirm he is banned from the site though. No idea what happened. Probably better not to dredge it up. He's got a Twitter account under the same name if you want to try to contact him that way.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:32 am »
If there's one thing I'd like to change about the RHDN forum, it's that people who are banned have no indication of such in their profile. You can find members who just stop talking all of a sudden, and although you can guess that they're banned, there's no way to know it. Other forums make it very clear on the profile that the user has been banned and therefore can't be contacted and won't post anymore, but not here.

If any of the mods are reading, it'd be nice to get a response as to why that feature hasn't been implemented. It's not necessary to "dredge up" the past, as filler says, but simply knowing that the account is inactive because of a ban would be very helpful.

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 08:36:29 am »
He was pissed of about the handling of certain content on the site, according to what he says elsewhere anyway. I wasn't a witness to his banning. You can contact him as stated via twitter or e-mail.

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »
Thread closed for being off topic.

If any of the mods are reading, it'd be nice to get a response as to why that feature hasn't been implemented. It's not necessary to "dredge up" the past, as filler says, but simply knowing that the account is inactive because of a ban would be very helpful.

Patreon supporters could certainly suggest this type of stuff in the Site Development subforum. I wasn't aware myself until I just checked that normal users can't see that a user is banned when looking at said user's profile. Generally speaking though, I'd say if you can't PM a user, that's a strong indication they're banned.