News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help needed - need DS Romhacking tool  (Read 539 times)

ThePaperMask

• View Profile
Help needed - need DS Romhacking tool
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:11:15 pm »
I need some help when it comes to an Ace Attorney Rom for the NDS. I've been using Tinke for Layton games which worked well but Tinke doesn't seem to be working on Ace Attorney (it's a bunch of .bin's that are not openable, there's no trace of the actual assets).

What other editors would you recommend?

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: Help needed - need DS Romhacking tool
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 01:56:13 pm »
Sorry if i sound bad but
- let me ask you straight: do you have any idea how much text there is on a AA game??
- do you think it will be just like translating a txt document when you can open it in Tinke??
- do you think you have the endurance of translating hundreds of pages of text??
- try do a search in this forum for "ace attorney" and see how many people already tried but failed. Why you think you can do it??
- last but not least: there is no rom hacking tool that works for every game. Every game is different.
- a tool like Tinke, do a good job to showing you the alphabet but romhacking/translation is not just an alphabet, it's like a language with grammar and words.

4l3j4ndr0

• Gameboy Color Rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:26:52 pm »
The spanish Team use this: Link

ThePaperMask

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 03:14:06 pm »
Sorry if i sound bad but
- let me ask you straight: do you have any idea how much text there is on a AA game??
- do you think it will be just like translating a txt document when you can open it in Tinke??
- do you think you have the endurance of translating hundreds of pages of text??
- try do a search in this forum for "ace attorney" and see how many people already tried but failed. Why you think you can do it??
- last but not least: there is no rom hacking tool that works for every game. Every game is different.
- a tool like Tinke, do a good job to showing you the alphabet but romhacking/translation is not just an alphabet, it's like a language with grammar and words.

I don't want to translate a game, I just want to mess around a bit. I actually never said I wanted to do a translation of the game, I just needed a tool for editing, dunno why you automatically assumed.

ThePaperMask

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 03:16:25 pm »
The spanish Team use this: Link

Well, I'm looking for a DS hacking tool specifically, not a 3DS one.