News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [DS] Game Redub Adding Extra Voice dialogue  (Read 896 times)

Casstastrophe

• View Profile
[DS] Game Redub Adding Extra Voice dialogue
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:26:38 pm »
Okay, I have to keep this game redub a secret (since this is going to be a surprise for my friend)! BUT I'm wanting to add extra voicing dialogue with the already made text! I've already replaced some of the voice acting with new voice acting so I know how to do that, it's just adding the extra dialogue! Like for example
A character's voice and text says "Hi, how are you today?" but the other character only has text saying, "I'm fine" I want to add a voice saying "I'm fine." Hopefully this makes sense!
Also if this is the wrong place to post this, I do apologize!!!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: [DS] Game Redub Adding Extra Voice dialogue
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 12:49:58 am »
There isn't really any consistency in the ways that a game would store its voice dialog.  So, unless someone else has already written tools for the game you're trying to change, you would have to work out those details from scratch.  This is not at all easy.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Casstastrophe

• View Profile
Re: [DS] Game Redub Adding Extra Voice dialogue
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:13:21 pm »
Can you point me in the right direction on how to work the details from scratch? The game I'm trying to do this on is Rune Factory 2. I don't mind if it takes work! I'm willing to do the work if you can...like...provide me with a small tutorial or something?  :)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!