News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: reVamp Help for Akumajou Densetsu  (Read 328 times)

Sinis

• View Profile
reVamp Help for Akumajou Densetsu
« on: September 03, 2019, 06:04:32 pm »
Here I am, knocking in the beginner's forum area trying to find someone that can lend a hand in creating, or modifying, reVamp to that of being 100% compatible with Akumajou Densetsu.

For a little info on the matter.  Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse is MMC5 and Akumajou Densetsu is iNES Mapper 024, a modified MMC by Konami.  This is the biggest reason as to why reVamp is not 100% compatible with the Famicom version.  Sure it can change stuff up to a certain point however its just the surface and basic stuff that is lightly touchable before the in-depth stuff.  People who have followed me in the past on my project adventures knows on what I am talking about.  With this new knowledge I've placed my projects back onto Akumajou as I now know there is hope however the programming bit...

For reVamp, its programmed in Visual Basic 6, something that I do not know let alone have the ability to remember everything based towards programming as that is one hurdle that truly is not for me to undertake.  I once thought that I had the source code but turns out to have been something else entirely as some joker thought it would be cute to see me asking around with false information so I deleted it months ago.

Trying to reach out and see if anyone is willing to help out in making a modified reVamp specifically for Akumajou Densetsu.  I have no proper source for this to ask in the Help Wanted section along with the Projects thread so here I am asking around here to see if anyone knows someone that can lend a hand in creating a modern program for a ROM as I also hope I can collaborate with them in bringing out other features on the program as well.

I am fully aware that this is not an overnight process as it will take months to create and iron out any imperfections within the program itself.  For making/modifying reVamp, it HAS to rely only, and I do mean ONLY, on the iNES Mapper 024 as that is the specific one that Akumajou Densetsu relies on.  There is another VRC6 mapper however that one is not needed in this case so this has to be specific to a certain mapper only and nothing else.

Need a helping hand in creating this and hope I do not get lied to yet again :P

September 04, 2019, 10:15:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I would like to add, and to avoid confusion as this has happened already, there will be a team alongside of the programmer that's willing to help out with this as you will not be alone in this endeavor :)

Update

I'm considering this attempt a failure as I figured it would like past endeavors towards stuff like this.  Its damn near impossible to get any sort of help these days towards getting new programs made even though there would be help in these sort of endeavors.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:43:12 am by Sinis »