News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: My untitled Megaman 1 hack  (Read 20632 times)

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
Re: My untitled Megaman 1 hack
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2021, 11:47:39 am »
 - He is agressive because he can shot at you everytime you jump. I can beat him no damage, but maybe I went a little overboard. I will make him jump instead of shooting when MM jumps. That will make him less agressive.

- I removed the colored outlines because they made the sprites look very clashy, since the stage graphics were still using the black outline. Now it looks more fitting. That is the reason why I removed them and went back to black outlines, and decided to gave him a helmetless look instead.

- I will remove the spikes when you start climbing (I guess I went abit overboard again).

- Ok, I agree. I will reduce the number of pits by half.

- Honestly, I did not had problems with them, but ok, I will place them abit far from the edge, so MM can get into the platform and be in the same level as then.

- Got it, I will remove the spikes on the ceiling.

- Thank you very much. I am proud of it as well lol.

- Thanks again.

- I mean, I think its part of the challenge to find out the weakness, but ok. I will add a read me file with the ips, telling the weakness (and Dyna Man is weak to Zap Man. I added Hunt Man as a secondary weakness).

Thank you very, VERY much for the feedback. I will fix them accordly before releasing it on the site, and thanks for the compliment too. It was fun to see my little project grow as I learned more about design. About the Cover Art, I have no idea how to make one, and I dont know anyone that could do one for it. Sorry :p

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2021, 02:58:22 pm »
- He is agressive because he can shot at you everytime you jump. I can beat him no damage, but maybe I went a little overboard. I will make him jump instead of shooting when MM jumps. That will make him less agressive.

- I removed the colored outlines because they made the sprites look very clashy, since the stage graphics were still using the black outline. Now it looks more fitting. That is the reason why I removed them and went back to black outlines, and decided to gave him a helmetless look instead.

- I will remove the spikes when you start climbing (I guess I went abit overboard again).

- Ok, I agree. I will reduce the number of pits by half.

- Honestly, I did not had problems with them, but ok, I will place them abit far from the edge, so MM can get into the platform and be in the same level as then.

- Got it, I will remove the spikes on the ceiling.

- Thank you very much. I am proud of it as well lol.

- Thanks again.

- I mean, I think its part of the challenge to find out the weakness, but ok. I will add a read me file with the ips, telling the weakness (and Dyna Man is weak to Zap Man. I added Hunt Man as a secondary weakness).

Thank you very, VERY much for the feedback. I will fix them accordly before releasing it on the site, and thanks for the compliment too. It was fun to see my little project grow as I learned more about design. About the Cover Art, I have no idea how to make one, and I dont know anyone that could do one for it. Sorry :p

Thank you so much for considering my suggestions! I think the level of difficulty is pretty good for this kind of hack, but taking the time to refine it further is much appreciated.

I'm really glad you'll include a weakness list as well. I think some people enjoy finding out which robot master is weak to what weapon, but I bet others won't enjoy trying to figure it out. Having a optional list should please both types of people and provide the best overall experience for everyone.

As for the cover art, I'll try and ask around to see if anybody is interested in creating one.

July 09, 2021, 07:26:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

You can find it here: https://imgur.com/gallery/iI9gtRr
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:27:05 pm by Supergamerguy »
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2021, 07:52:36 pm »
  Nice. Thank you very much! I do not know what to say. It was unexpected lol