´Looking for cheat codes for Super Mario Bros. - 2 Players Hack

Started by Dime333, August 11, 2019, 05:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dime333

Does anyone have any cheat codes for this hack? I tried some game genie codes that are for the non hack version but they don't work. I'm especially looking for a code that gives both players infinite lives. Thanks.

segwayspeedracer

Use a hex editor, and go to these addresses. Save the rom for the change to be permanent

x8e77 - Change Mario's starting lives. 02 is default (3 lives). 7F is max (128 lives).

x8053 - Change Luigi's starting lives. (credit to Corpsegrinder)

xstioph

Quote from: segwayspeedracer on October 26, 2019, 01:33:24 PM
Use a hex editor, and go to these addresses. Save the rom for the change to be permanent

x8e77 - Change Mario's starting lives. 02 is default (3 lives). 7F is max (128 lives).

Wow, cool!  :thumbsup:

segwayspeedracer

Thanks. I tried to map the 2 player mod... but got too busy.

Keep in mind if a player gets 129 lives, i think the game will crash. So its reasonable to set it to something like 69 (which is about 105 lives).

Dime333

Quote from: segwayspeedracer on October 26, 2019, 01:33:24 PM

Thank you very much. I haven't checked back here for some time and I'm so grateful for this response. Thanks.
Unfortunately me and my son only got to world 3 before one of us lost all lives so 105 wasn't enough :)
If someone could think of a way to get infinte lives I would very much appreciate it.

czr5014

Just created some more for this rom hack as well

Unlimited Lives:

GXNEONVS

Never lose Power Ups:
(Invincible when Big/Fire Mario)

SUPIEZ

Invincibility(Constant StarPower):

AESISOLA

Question Blocks Produce Unlimited Power Ups:

OKNLSGKG

Always Running:

AIXUYGEI

No Timer/Unlimited Time:

ENGLZT

Mid-Air Jump/ Unlimited Multi-jump:

AEALZL

More Enemies:

GKGGLY

Falling Down Holes Goes to Sky:

(Needs to be combined with invincibility of some kind and No Timer code, because if you die Mario gets stuck in an endless falling loop)

OZOKZASO

Coins are Power Ups:

(Works but a little glitchy, found a weird power up, came out, circle text garbage, coin colors, shiny, stayed in place, gave me star power... weird, also sometimes you go through blocks upward, they should break... get hit and it unglitches)

SVIUOL

AEIUXL

Power Ups bounce off Mario
(Soccer Mode):

(First life you die, then mushrooms and stars bounce off Mario, was trying to convert over 'power ups don't go away' so both players could get power ups that come out question blocks, but when I converted over the code, the game crashed when you pick up the fire flower, ended up making a few codes(D924 to 41), all crashed the game except the code below(found by accident)... you can kick the power ups back and forth for fun at least. PS: Combine with invincibility star power for fun)

SXGSSO