News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Your top 5 least favorite games of all time  (Read 5888 times)

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 least favorite games of all time
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 07:22:45 am »
The Grey Garden (PC, freeware rpg)
Absolutely abysmal pacing, can't decide whether it wants to be super-saccharine, or kinda edgy, but comes off as just unbelievably boring and braindead,couple that with the aforementioned pacing, linear design, and slow walking pace and you're gonna have a bad time.
It's a shame really, because Mogeko Castle by the same dev is really quite decent, maybe not A tier, but a solid C at least.

Spawn the Eternal (PSX)
Good god, the amount of things wrong with this game... it's basically unplayable.
I had the misfortune of buying it from my favorite rental place when they went out of business, and it's the only thing from that store I've actually traded away.
There's a review here that breaks down most of the things wrong with the game.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/PS/198729-spawn-the-eternal/reviews/116721

Sonic 06
Probably not much needs to be said, you know you done fucked up when part of the challenge is just trying not to accidentally clip out of the level.

Final Fantasy Type 0
Me and this game really don't get along, aside from eyestrain from the motion blur, and convoluted battle mechanics, I never know exactly when an NPC runs out of dialogue, there's no indication or marker, and that pisses me off because I have a compulsive need to get at that flavor text but don't wanna have to repeat dialogue by mistake.

EA Sports Games, all of them
They're a blight, someone somewhere buys these fucking things, plays them for like a week, and then dumps them at the bargain store where they clog the bins and shelves and take up space that belong to actual games.