News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Resident Evil 1 Director's Cut in Portuguese  (Read 8101 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Resident Evil 1 Director's Cut in Portuguese
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:48:34 am »

Update By: gamer_boy

Luc of CentralMIB has  released a translation in Portuguese of one most popular survival horror games for the Brazilian ROMhacking scene.

It is distributed via torrent and direct download. Details can be found on the author's page.

RHDN Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.centralmib.org)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:43:07 am by Nightcrawler »

gamer_boy

• View Profile
    • Po.B.R.E. RomHackers
Re: Translations: Resident Evil 1 Director's Cut in Portuguese
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:03:53 pm »
Hi friends, a little correction!

1) The right mention is Brazilian Romhacking Scene, not Portuguese ROMhacking scene or Brazilian Portuguese Romhacking Scene.

2) I have put the torrent link and the download http (by gigashare)

3) Reference: http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1080/

Some Game Informations:
Published By: Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Genre: Action
Release Date: 25-Sep-1997

We're glad to spread the news of Brazilian RomHacking Scene!

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 02:13:45 am »
gamer_boy, may I ask you a quick question about the game ?

(I'm downloading now, so I guess I might be able to see the answer myself as soon as I get to check it out)

Anyway, I know most Capcom PSX games uses a tricky disc layout that seems to involve a dummy file at the end of the disc (zdata.bin, if memory serves me right) and at the same LBA as this file starts, the disc TOC also suggest there's an audio track starting.

How did you go about with compiling the edited ISO ?

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:47:45 am »
I have corrected the news article and added the game information.

We removed your link because we are not allowing direct links to ISOs on this site. I strongly suggest your ROMhacking scene investigate patching alternatives rather than distributing full copyrighted games.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:04:02 am »
Just...take...a...look...at...this

Stop! Don't oh pen that door.

Jill why don't you, the master of lock picking, take this lock pick.  And take this too, it's especially good on living things.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:02:42 pm »
Mmm... Jill sandwich.
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 03:18:13 pm »
Well, on most disks, there is an audio track. When you put it in a cd player, it will play the track telling you to stop playing because it might damage your system, you, the nextdoor neighbors, make you crazy and kill somebody or make love to trees in that order.

cYa,

Tauwasser

dormento

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 03:45:40 pm »
Developers usually put dummy data to push the files to the outer part of the disc (or so I heard) because it makes it faster to read.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 03:07:51 am »
Anyway, I know most Capcom PSX games uses a tricky disc layout that seems to involve a dummy file at the end of the disc (zdata.bin, if memory serves me right) and at the same LBA as this file starts, the disc TOC also suggest there's an audio track starting.

How did you go about with compiling the edited ISO ?
Considering that audio track is the typical 3 minute dummy (Psx's isn't supposed to be able to read it, infact most games use this trick), you can recompile the ISO without it and there won't be any issue.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 03:35:48 pm »
Well, on most disks, there is an audio track. When you put it in a CD player, it will play the track telling you to stop playing because it might damage your system, you, the nextdoor neighbors, make you crazy and kill somebody or make love to trees in that order.

cYa,

Tauwasser

I haven't seen many games (if any at all) on the PSX that uses such a warning track. Probably because the first track on PSX games should always be a data track, which makes it kinda pointless to have the warning on track 2, when chances are that the "possible" damage is already done ;p

Considering that audio track is the typical 3 minute dummy (Psx's isn't supposed to be able to read it, infact most games use this trick), you can recompile the ISO without it and there won't be any issue.
I've fiddled with many PSX games, some even works if I just toss the files together and burn as a mode 2/XA CD on the fly, without using any tools to create an ISO first with region/license info and such.

But Capcom games seems to hate being touched (even after I've manually recreated original LBA layout without even changing any files).
I just wonder if there's something I've not thought of or something. Most likely, my mistakes are related to the last dummy file on the disc, which has the same starting point as the audio track, making the zdata be a mixture of a file on the disc and the blank audio track.

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:36:17 pm »
Well, on most disks, there is an audio track. When you put it in a CD player, it will play the track telling you to stop playing because it might damage your system, you, the nextdoor neighbors, make you crazy and kill somebody or make love to trees in that order.

cYa,

Tauwasser

I haven't seen many games (if any at all) on the PSX that uses such a warning track. Probably because the first track on PSX games should always be a data track, which makes it kinda pointless to have the warning on track 2, when chances are that the "possible" damage is already done ;p
Dreamcast, PC Engine and some Sega CD games had this warning. I've never encountered it in PSX games.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

The Spoony Hou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 06:02:36 am »
Dreamcast, PC Engine and some Sega CD games had this warning. I've never encountered it in PSX games.

Well, Symphony of the Night had one :p. With a bonus music in it :p.