News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is anyone here a member of Nesbbs.com?  (Read 1783 times)

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
Is anyone here a member of Nesbbs.com?
« on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:32 pm »
Hey all,

Is anyone here a member of Nesbbs.com?

They have some really talented rom hackers that have released some really good hacks. However I can only view someone else's gameplay via YouTube, and they just say to go to that site to find them.

Only trouble is, it's a Chinese site, and I've tried and tried to sign up, but it doesn't seem to let anyone outside of China join.

I've tried proxy methods and a VPN etc, to no avail. Im hoping someone here may be in China or has access to the site and might be able to get access to some of the roms to let us try?

In particular I'm really wanting to try a lot/all lol of the Double Dragon II hacks they have for NES/Famicom.

Is anyone here able to help out getting in and obtaining some of these roms?

FCandChill

• View Profile
Re: Is anyone here a member of Nesbbs.com?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:30:23 am »
I tried signing up. I got passed the email verification. I am required to enter in an invitation code...

BBS从2019年6月30日启,试执行购邀请码注册会员。详情见:http://www.nesbbs.com/bbs/thread-47708-1-1.html

You need to message an admin via WeChat. And then you need to pay to get the code. Yes, really...

maximo806

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:42:24 am »
I guess they put that in place to keep americans out in case they cause trouble.

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 02:55:24 am »
I tried signing up. I got passed the email verification. I am required to enter in an invitation code...

You need to message an admin via WeChat. And then you need to pay to get the code. Yes, really...

Hmmm... it works about 1 dollar but is that site there even trusted? Doesn't China have PayPal? Lol

July 03, 2019, 02:56:17 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I guess they put that in place to keep americans out in case they cause trouble.

They're keeping us Aussies out too. Its a conspiracy lol

Badseed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 11:03:38 am »
Should I just stick with my favourite Russian hacking site over the Chinese?? They never asked for money
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

Cyneprepou4uk

• Самый лысый ромхакер
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:42 am »
No, you should not
I am the baldest romhacker
NES Romhacking Guide

w7n

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 08:25:13 am »
They have some really talented rom hackers that have released some really good hacks, that's true. Still I never go there despite that (actually there's not one hacking site that I visit that frequently except nesdev)
If they really need to pay to get access, it's not so unexpected to me from my knowledge of the site admin. Anyway, I have an account.

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 02:11:16 am »
They have some really talented rom hackers that have released some really good hacks, that's true. Still I never go there despite that (actually there's not one hacking site that I visit that frequently except nesdev)
If they really need to pay to get access, it's not so unexpected to me from my knowledge of the site admin. Anyway, I have an account.

Would you be able to download the DD roms for me?

JACK5881

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 03:09:18 am »
Hi, i have so many dd 2&3 rom hack by china ppl, i can give you a download link if you want it?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 12:03:57 pm »
It is only okay to post patch ,(such as IPS) files, do not post the full ROM files.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 06:28:27 pm »
Hi, i have so many dd 2&3 rom hack by china ppl, i can give you a download link if you want it?

Yes, I would love them. If you post them tho, make sure they're ips. If you dont know how to convert them, let us know, it's an easy process.

JACK5881

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 03:28:50 am »
Well, I think it will be ok if i post the xdelta patch in here, and it took me a lot of time to create these patches, so just download the patch and enjoy yourself, good luck everyone! :)

https://yadi.sk/d/GpcynV0hmhZEng
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:38:02 am by JACK5881 »

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 03:13:05 pm »
Well, I think it will be ok if i post the xdelta patch in here, and it took me a lot of time to create these patches, so just download the patch and enjoy yourself, good luck everyone! :)

https://yadi.sk/d/GpcynV0hmhZEng

Thanks for doing this, bro. I really appreciate it, but I gotta ask you something...

From patches 1 through 11, and patches 20 through 25, what are the names of the hacks? I get that somma 'em are Double Dragon 2 and Double Dragon 3, and I have the right ROMS for these patches so that's no sweat. :)

Again, I really appreciate you doing this. ;)

JACK5881

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 09:10:20 pm »
Hi, @Googie, thank you for your support :laugh: patches 1 through 19 are for Double Dragon 2 (J) CRC(8cf69e4b), patches 20 through 30 for Double Dragon 3 (J) CRC(40759ab5) or Double Dragon 3 (U) CRC (7a6e0454).

Unfortunately, Xdegenerate is complaint about there's is a problem with this patch, example black screen, grey screen or it flashes different colors after the menu selection.

so if you have same problems too, you can pm me to get the link of the full roms without any problems.

What are the names of the hacks you ask? hmm...the name of the hack is written in chinese, most of them are hack by china ppl, so i dunno how to answer you, but you can see the detail of the hack in txt files and it was written in chinese, but you can translate it to english use google translation :)