I know the idea is to keep the game's features as faithful as possible, but along with the b-button dash could make it compatible with that too?
I use this hacks combination to get the ultimate FF version (all are incompatible with its translation because it is based on the Japanese version):
1) Final Fantasy Decapitalization Font by nibbles27.
2) Final Fantasy Original (FF1 Retranslation/Restoration) v2.21 by The Collector.
(I had to edit some words like Gil and Drink later.)
3) Dynamic Action Selection patches:
1-Final Fantasy_Dynamic Action Selection Patch for Final Fantasy (U).ips
2-Final Fantasy_Dynamic Action Selection Battle Fix.ips
3-Final Fantasy_Dynamic Action Selection Unofficial Update.ips
4) FINAL FANTASY - DOUBLED v1.0 (20180211) Hack by Psyklax.
5) Final Fantasy - Kung Fu - Bug Fix - Version 0.8 (alpha) by Levi “Karatorian” Aho.
6) Extra's: (these are also compatable with any FF rom) from Final Fantasy Decapitalization Font hack:
- Make dialogue windows scroll faster instead of waiting a few seconds to scroll
- Remove the middle border in battles to show full screen battles like other FF's
- Add's medium speed dash ability in town and on map with B button
- Changes title screen default respond rate to fastest - "8"
But if you introduce the B-button dash and the screen I showed you in your hack, I will definitely adopt it as the ultimate FF ever, finally congratulations and thank you so much for all your great work.