Hello, these are my translation projects for the Final Fantasy trilogy on the NES. The purpose of these is to simply provide an English version of the original Final Fantasy games but with terminology that matches the ones used in the remakes made by Square Enix, along with providing an accurate script. Of course, these are NES games so space is limited, so not everything is as expanded and detailed as I'd like it to be, but I do my best to fit as much as I can within the limited ROM space by using DTE compression. The scripts in general are a mix of my own translation while looking at the remake versions as a guide, but the only content present is what was in the original Famicom versions of the games (since their remakes on GBA and onwards often changed and expanded lines, and those changed/expanded lines were translated by Square Enix for the overseas releases of the remakes). I'm half-Japanese and lived in Japan when I was little, so I have a bit of a language background in Japanese, but my education was in English so language-wise I am English-dominant. A few years ago my Japanese was pretty rusty but I've worked to improve it as much as I can.
I want to make it clear that these projects are strictly translations, are are NOT hacks, and I will not do anything to "balance" the game. These are the original raw games as they are, but in English.
Originally, this project started with Final Fantasy II in 2015 (original topic can be found here
). In 2016 I moved on to Final Fantasy III, but I made some bad decisions with that translation (expanding the ROM) so in 2019 I made a new version of it that keeps the original ROM size (this was originally the thread for that). I am now working on Final Fantasy I.Final Fantasy
(original Japanese version, NOT US version)Status:
In progress! Final Fantasy II Status:
Complete, but future update planned
RHDN Link: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2656/ Final Fantasy IIIStatus:
RHDN Link: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/4760/ Final Fantasy I & IIStatus:
* Square Enix - for making this game and remaking this game
* NeoDemiforce - for translating this game in 1998
* HackMew - for making Free Space Finder
* whoever made TileMolester
* whoever made TileMolester Alternate
* Vanya - stat name suggestions
* Rodimus Primal - intro text and general support
* vivify93 - formatting inspiration, as well as some item name suggestions
* SpiderDave - B-button dash
* Chaos Rush - that's me.
* Team dCode - for making the Bigram Analysis tool (https://www.dcode.fr/bigrams
* Square Enix - for making the original game and remaking it