News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Gaiden - Hacking the Credits (CAST Scroll)  (Read 1118 times)

OliviƩrBaguette

• View Profile
Fire Emblem Gaiden - Hacking the Credits (CAST Scroll)
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:15 pm »
Hi. Hello. I'm currently trying to make a Fire Emblem Gaiden hack that changes all names [that I can] to match with their Echoes counterparts. Obviously I cannot change ALL the names, since there are character limits, but I've been able to change about 70% of the names I've encountered. Of the names I wasn't able to update, many were minor antagonists, so they don't bug me. I still don't know if I'll release this hack as an addendum to the Artemis translation or what, but as of right now, I cannot seem to change the names that show up in the Credits directly.

I finished playtesting my hack and I noticed that the credits still had the old translation's names, which, aside from making me angry knowing I'll have to reset the game again on my emulator, also makes me confused, since, I DID update most of the names. In the HEX editor, the Credits sequence was just a bunch of random HEX values that meant nothing to me. I thought I could brute force it to figure out what HEX values produced what result, but after trying, I found myself even more confused.

If anyone at all knows how to edit Gaiden's Credits, I'd really appreciate some advice.      THANK YOU!  :D