News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI: Retranslated  (Read 103580 times)

stragusmagus

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI: Retranslated
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2022, 10:08:42 am »
I hope it gets sorted out.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2022, 11:11:31 am »
Just realised that VI is turning 28 in a few months, crazy how time flies.

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2022, 07:41:50 pm »
Any idea of when the blitz glitch will be patched?

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2022, 08:05:23 am »
I was wondering the same thing.

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2022, 01:44:27 pm »
Here's a fix for Vargas' AI script, so that once Sabin shows up and Vargas uses Doom Fist (sets Condemned status) on Sabin, once Sabin then attacks him once, the Blitz Tutorial will trigger.
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/SMnECXbz
AI script for FF3usME to import: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajbhf9upzqlw383/monstBattleScript259.txt/file
IPS patch to apply over Retranslated (no header): https://www.mediafire.com/file/mt4hj1bynpxee15/vargas_fix.ips/file

The AI script is the same exact size and nothing else was added or changed, the variable (VAR000) was just rearranged to make sure the Blitz tutorial happens once Sabin attacks Vargas. I'm not sure why it was buggy, but this Vargas AI script is something I've had laying around in a folder, and I tried it out here and it corrects the issue, so I figured I'd leave it here. :angel:

Hopefully hairy_hen will come back and see this and be able to include it in a future version.

hairy_hen

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2022, 11:49:25 pm »
Hey, thanks!  I'm really glad there was a fix for this, and that it wasn't too difficult to implement.  I don't know exactly what caused the battle script to get bugged, but I've occasionally run into patches changing a few bytes here and there that they shouldn't, so it was probably just a minor error that crept in and was never caught.  I seem to recall someone saying that Dr. Meat's version had the same issue, so if he used some of the same bug fixes I did, that would be a likely culprit...

I'll make an update with the fix as soon as I can. :)

valius

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2022, 03:39:03 pm »
Playing through the King Behemoth fight in its entirety, it seems like there's a minor visual bug where the 2nd form King Behemoth doesn't crumble away in its death animation like it's supposed to.  The sprite is static then disappears.  It doesn't block progress at all, and it's a minor bug, but I wonder what's causing it.

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2022, 09:44:41 pm »
How odd. Probably a good idea to make a note of any other weird glitches you notice just incase

hairy_hen

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2022, 05:39:47 pm »
Hmm, that is odd.  As I recall, a coding error in one of the bug fix patches from the CV Reynolds compilation had the potential to crash the game during the King Behemoth battle; and though the crash was later circumvented by removing the portions of the code that were causing the problem, it is possible that a minor conflict may still exist which prevents the animation from happening the way it should.  We'll see if anything can be done about that.

I've been making a few tweaks to the script in preparation for an update.  Most of this is just little stuff, minor changes in phrasing to make things sound better without changing the meaning in any significant way.  If there is interest, I can also put together a version which does not include bug fixes or add-ons like B-button dashing, for people who want the updated text and uncensored graphics but prefer everything else to stay the same as the regular game.  Add in the Vargas fix and it should be enough to go on, I think.

It has occurred to me that maybe I should go through the Legends of Localization video series again and examine the text in finer detail, to see if I might have overlooked anything the first time around.  I'll also be taking Chicken Knife up on his offer to examine the Kefka dialog, which so far has remained somewhat Woolsey-like due to uncertainty about how to convey the nuances in English without sounding absurd.  Since this would be a significant undertaking, it's probably better to release version 1.4 with the fixes I have so far, and then later a version 1.5 with whatever modifications might seem necessary at that time.

Masaru

• lmao
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2022, 06:20:52 pm »
Can you add the Button Settings Menu Restoration and the SwdTech naming restoration patches?

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2022, 07:41:16 pm »
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6795/ I wonder if this patch is compatible with your translation? It's nice that people are adding in the GBA extras in some form or fashion

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2022, 06:14:53 pm »
Turns out that two FFVI characters, Mog and Cid Del Norte Marquez have birthdays in May.

Looking forward to whenever the next version of the patch comes out.