While I had believed the next update would contain only a few minor fixes to outstanding issues, in the course of going over the script again I've found a surprisingly high number of lines that can be further improved.
A great many of these are located in the beginning parts of the game. When I think about it this makes sense, because when this project began in April of 2019 I had only planned on making changes to a few lines here and there, just to get the most obviously mistranslated stuff taken care of. But the farther into I went the more extensive the rewrites became, as it began to sink in just how many issues there really were with the SNES script. So it stands to reason that I would have taken more trouble to ensure translation accuracy in the later sections than I did in the beginning, since at that point I hadn't yet decided how far I really wanted to go with it.
Coming back to the project with a fresh perspective it's easier to see which parts of the script could still use more work, so I'm revising any lines which stand out to me as sounding odd or containing small inaccuracies that I may have allowed to pass before. The dialog is still mostly the same as it was before, but significant portions of it now read better than they did. Since the game was designed around the script as originally written in Japan, it is important to me to preserve the intentions of the writers as well as I can, although since any translation can only be an interpretation of the script rather than an exact transcription, there will of course still be some differences.
I had not intended to leave this hanging anywhere near this long (during part of that time I was sick with what I'm pretty sure was The Virus, though mostly I was just unavoidably busy), so I will get this new version out there as quickly as I can. It's looking to be a pretty significant update in terms of quality, so hopefully it will be worth it for everyone who has been waiting in the meantime.