News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.08  (Read 64351 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.07
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2021, 05:24:31 pm »
oh wow, this is super helpful actually! thank you kindly. we should've been more diligent.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2021, 05:07:32 am »
I`ve noticed a mistake for selling price of "Studio cap" item in all translations I`ve seen so far. The correct number for that is 15000 as it was in the original game.
At first, I thought that shop keeper is actually fooling me, lol. I mean, where is my missing 35000 yen, Mr? :huh:

Okay, I've double-checked this and it looks like it was like the price was already off in the BST translation. We haven't caught that since it didn't seem suspect. I mean, ordinarily, you wouldn't expect a translation to get the number wrong. The next item costs 50000 yen, so that's most likely where the price was copied from. I've checked all the prices in the Collector's Shop and the rest checks out.

Thank you for the very useful bug report. We'll definitely fix this in an upcoming v2.08.

SerYoGa

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2021, 06:22:15 am »
No problem, guys! Actually, that`s me who should be thankful here for your efforts, the patch is awesome :thumbsup:

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.08
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2021, 01:00:33 pm »
v2.08 is out

- fixes sell price told by collector's pawn shop when selling studio cap
- alt patch to add manicure to keines item shop
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:18:11 pm by vivify93 »

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2021, 05:31:35 pm »
I`ve noticed a mistake for selling price of "Studio cap" item in all translations I`ve seen so far. The correct number for that is 15000 as it was in the original game.
At first, I thought that shop keeper is actually fooling me, lol. I mean, where is my missing 35000 yen, Mr? :huh:

I should also point out that line is missing a word: "Do you wanna exchange it for [x amount of] yen?"

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2021, 05:53:29 pm »
wow. i can't believe i missed that. i've submitted a new version (no new number since it's a same-day update). i removed commas from numbers while i was at it for accessibility's sake.

Charlotte Cavatica

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2021, 03:36:37 am »
Hi! :)

I'm new here, but I just had to thank everyone involved with the translation project. I first played this game back in . . . 2008, I think?---with the old translation, and I remember a few typos and some things that felt "off" about the English text. I wanted to make a new translation myself, but wasn't sure how to go about it, heh.

I look forward to replaying the game. If I spot any issues I'll let you know!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2021, 11:27:09 pm »
Thank you kindly, Charlotte! Here's hoping you don't find any, but we'd of course love to hear from you if you do find typos or errors. Enjoy the game!

SerYoGa

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2021, 03:55:01 am »
Hello again!
A couple days ago I randomly ran into yet another game bug. I`m trying to pick up a speedrun of this game and have encountered quite a number of them already, but they all belong to the original game and have nothing to do with the patch. The one I want to describe is questionable though.
So, I tried to make a link tech between Uranus and ChibiMoon called "Pink Sugar Blaster". It has appeared in the link techs list of the main menu as my second one, since you are using only one in a run typically (Moon/Venus one).
Then I`ve started a battle and saw the next: Uranus`s LT list is empty. ChibiMoon has one but it is "R'bow Heart Shower" which is Moon/Venus/ChibiMoon LT.
Now why am I thinking that it is exactly the translation patch`s bug and not the original game`s one? Well, I had some expeirence with russian translation patch which I think you are aware of. In that patch a LT between Moon and Mercury (Healing Spray) which gives you status protection simply doesn`t work (red color, not clickable), despite the fact that you have them both in your party and a mana for use (other game roms do not have that problem). That`s why I think it may be related to the patch in that case as well. But who knows...
I am too lazy to check all of the LTs of various game roms, since I need only 2 LTs for my run and they are working just fine in your patch (which I am going to pick up for my run :)). But mb this info will be helpful still.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2021, 03:59:28 am »
Thanks for the report, but as you noted it's a result of the original game. Sometimes Link Techs just don't appear even though you've registered them. It might be better to suss out which Link you need in order for that one to appear. Sorry.

Charlotte Cavatica

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2021, 01:38:01 am »
Thank you kindly, Charlotte! Here's hoping you don't find any, but we'd of course love to hear from you if you do find typos or errors. Enjoy the game!

Well, I'm back with a report of sorts since I started the game tonight/this morning! I didn't actually go anywhere in-game yet, but there was a small issue in the opening scene. The word destiny is capitalized in the last opening scene (before actually starting the game) when Sin (I think that's her name; I forget) is talking to her brother about "changing Destiny."

I'm not sure I would capitalize that, even if it is a grand destiny that the antagonists are hoping to change---but I'm just nitpicking. I'll likely be doing a bit of it as I play the game . . . I hope nobody minds. I'll try to take screenshots for reference from now on, too. (I have to figure out how to do that first. :laugh:)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2021, 04:24:41 am »
you'll find a lot of that in the game, actually. when i was a kid, one of the things that always stuck out to me while playing BST's fan translation is they almost always capitalized the word Destiny when in reference to the Destiny that Hell Destiny are altering. mziab actually raised an eyebrow at this as well, and i explained that i wanted to retain it for nostalgia reasons.

in fact, a lot of the stuff in and around the translation effort was done due to nostalgia.

- the screenshot of usagi talking to a student who wants to give a girl his love letter is there because i remember it from the whirlpool. i even remember its alt text caption was, "this remind anyone else of persona?" (i hadn't played persona at the time, so i didn't get the reference, lol). it has always stuck out so vividly in my mind.

- the title screen associated with the retranslation is a gif because i remember seeing such a thing on BST's old website at one point.

- game controls and reflections both made it into the readme because, again, BST's readme did the same thing. i even added a list for cheat codes because i remember one of BST's reflections mentioned Easy Mode.

- in fact, the sole reason we even have liner notes is because, you guessed it, BST bundled some in. i even went over most of their talking points: the origins of hell destiny's character names, the four kings in the 90's anime vs. the manga, professor tomoe's death, the origin of the holy grails, etc.

i wanted to pay homage even if i did end up crapping on their effort a bit. but they were kids, or at least college students; it's hard to be too harsh on 'em.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 04:33:11 am by vivify93 »

Charlotte Cavatica

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:31 am »
Ah, that's fair then. I think this is one of the things that bothered my brain when I played the old translation, but I understand wanting to honor the efforts of the people who made it. :)

Onward!