News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.08  (Read 60512 times)

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.05
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2020, 09:46:45 am »
Do you have a text only copy of the script? I've been thinking about writing some fanfic about the Hell Destiny characters, and it would be helpful to refer to.

I feel the same way, though some of my reasons is different (kind of like when I saw Floating Party Panic having 2 different types of translations to please both sides of the fans). Though knowing that translating into the hex engine took lots of work (plus the fact everyone hates Dic/Cloverway like it's the next Hitler), I'm not sure if the text was kept. Otherwise, yeah, it would be pretty neat to see it.

shemakeswaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2020, 01:05:34 am »
This keeps coming up as corrupted for me. :( I've downloaded v2.05, deleted it, tried to patch with Lunar, tried to play it straight in snes9x. Can anyone possibly help me out with what I'm doing wrong?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2020, 11:22:02 am »
Hi, are you applying it to an unheadered Japanese ROM? The patching instructions (Also available from the first page of this topic) discusses how to deal with headers using RHDN's online patcher. You could also use TUSH if you'd rather use an offline header solution.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:28:16 am by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Max1323

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2020, 12:10:03 am »
Hi, it is a great work that you did it. I'm thinking if it is possible to translate Sailor Moon Another Story into Spanish?
But only if you approve it. That could be really awesome. :)

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2020, 09:25:52 am »
Well on the bright side, at least it doesn't have the weird "Pretty Guardian" logo that most modern Sailor Moon translations use. I mean the translation to having original names is fine, but I'm pretty sure some of us in the US are getting kind of tired of the term "guardian" used in most translations like Viz for the redubbing of the classic Sailor Moon series. I mean it's fine for the live action and probably Crystal, but the original anime and manga terms of saying "senshi" or "soldier" should be left alone.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:56:28 pm by julayla »

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2020, 09:45:27 am »
Hi, it is a great work that you did it. I'm thinking if it is possible to translate Sailor Moon Another Story into Spanish?
But only if you approve it. That could be really awesome. :)

One person contacted me about this two years ago, actually. I gave them the dialogue script (the version before our relocalization) and they started on it. However, I haven't heard from them since last June and the last time they were active here was in March, which is a bit worrying, though understandable given recent events.

In general, it's definitely technically possible. I've already helped with the German and French projects and both have been completed successfully. Mind you, I'm way more busy with real-life than a few years back, so I can't promise anything. I also regret not having documented each and every mistake found in the BST script for future reference. But it would've been a project unto itself and would've dragged out the development of our patch, so I think we made the right choice.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2020, 06:53:00 pm »
Oop, this got posted and I accidentally posted it wrong. Please ignore what happened earlier. But anyhow, I have been meaning to ask if there will be localizations like this for the Gameboy Games one day. I wouldn't mind as long as they do the 2 different translations (a compromise for the DIC/Cloverway fans and those that like the original names/Viz Dub) deal like Dynamic Designs did with Super S Floating Party Panic or HTI's take on Nakayoshi and me (and unlike this translation and the R SNES game...same with maybe the Gamegear version probably).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:10:53 am by julayla »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.06
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2020, 03:06:26 am »
v2.06
- Fixed a small typo in Ch2/Venus. How did this go unnoticed for so long? No one knows!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.07
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2021, 12:26:12 am »
v2.07
- Fixed another Ch2/Venus typo
- Fixed a major translation error
- Corrected a lore term and an accessory name

Green Jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 10:24:40 am »
A question: In July 2020, nicoblog changed the status/category from Addendum to Fully Playable, but then in January 2021, Spinner 8 reverted this, changing it back to Addendum.

While the rules for addendums say the patches should only contain addendum work, the patch is made to be applied to the clean ROM. Shouldn't the patch be made to be applied to the old translation by Bishouho Senshi Translations, instead of the clean ROM?
My latest Portuguese translation: Contra (NES) Japanese Version

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 04:11:29 pm »
While you would normally be correct, unfortunately our changes were too great in scope to safely apply atop a ROM patched with BST's v1.00. I submitted this before I became staff, if my memory serves right, and at the time I was told that there is an exception in place for this exact scenario. Translation addenda that make large enough text and recoding edits atop the existing translation's work are allowed to be submitted as full patches. However, this is still an addendum as it's based off of another group's original translation and recoding.

Thank you for asking, I do appreciate this. :)

xpavlovsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2021, 03:56:58 pm »
Hello,
I'm noticing an issue in Chapter 2 with Sailor Jupiter's plot. I'm encountering enemies that are doing 168+ damage and wiping me out immediately. I managed to kill one, and didn't gain any EXP or HP. Is this a bug or an issue that anyone else has had?

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2021, 06:00:29 pm »
Quick question: Will there be an alternate version that uses the English translations based on DiC Entertainment's original English dub (i.e.: Serena instead of Usagi, etc.)?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2021, 06:04:07 pm »
1. [LCH2] Character Names and Terms

We followed the same standard VIZ Media did when the anime was freshly dubbed, starting in 2014.
This means original Japanese names only, names are ordered by FirstName-Surname, character technique
names are retained, no honorifics, localize any terms originally in Japanese as necessary, and
reference Kodansha USA's initial manga release and VIZ's anime dubs for translations of iconic
terminology and phrases. This brings me to my next point...

2. [LON2] One Patch, and That's It

You read that right: there will be no alternate patch for whatever set of names and terms you
personally like best. DiC and Cloverway's dub has not aired nor been sold for almost 15 years as of
this writing. Similarly, while many fan efforts use valid and well-researched translations for
Sailor Moon's lore terms, we've decided to go the official route and translate it as if it was a
currently-released product. For better or for worse.

Viewer

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2021, 07:13:17 pm »
Hello,
I'm noticing an issue in Chapter 2 with Sailor Jupiter's plot. I'm encountering enemies that are doing 168+ damage and wiping me out immediately. I managed to kill one, and didn't gain any EXP or HP. Is this a bug or an issue that anyone else has had?

Which ones specifically, or are you encountering this with all enemies in that section? Can you still run from those battles?

xpavlovsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2021, 09:44:36 pm »
Which ones specifically, or are you encountering this with all enemies in that section? Can you still run from those battles?

All the enemies give me at least 168 damage in one punch. I'm starting off with 130 as normal. I can't run from any of them who hit first (Furaiki for instance) as they just lay me out immediately. I've watched other walkthroughs and according to Furaiki's stat blocks, they should only be throwing punches in the 30s range when it comes to damage. I have no idea how to fix this other than just starting over with the 16 Level Up cheat?  :-[

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2021, 10:40:16 pm »
Hello,
Hi,

mziab told me that he's responded to your PM already, but I thought it would be a good idea to say something publicly with screenshots to illustrate my point.

So, Sailor Moon: Another Story has some wacky stat balancing. An accessory offering what seems to be a paltry stat increase will actually give quite the boost.

For example, here's a LV 6 Jupiter with 17 Defense taking damage from an Atsugessho. She has no accessories.

Almost the same scenario as above, except with 1 pair of Earrings equipped (Def +4).

And the same as above, but with 2 pairs of Earrings (A total of Def +8).

The same goes for Bracelets (Atk up) and Speed-increasing accessories. Wise accessory use is the key to this game. For the record, Medis Village sells Earrings and Bracelets in its item shop.

Formation makes a big difference as well. Aside from Chute, generally girls up front are going to take (and deal) more damage than those in back. The only exception to this rule is Cluster, where the person in the middle takes (and deals) the most damage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:38:57 am by vivify93 »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2021, 01:37:30 am »
1. [LCH2] Character Names and Terms

We followed the same standard VIZ Media did when the anime was freshly dubbed, starting in 2014.
This means original Japanese names only, names are ordered by FirstName-Surname, character technique
names are retained, no honorifics, localize any terms originally in Japanese as necessary, and
reference Kodansha USA's initial manga release and VIZ's anime dubs for translations of iconic
terminology and phrases. This brings me to my next point...

2. [LON2] One Patch, and That's It

You read that right: there will be no alternate patch for whatever set of names and terms you
personally like best. DiC and Cloverway's dub has not aired nor been sold for almost 15 years as of
this writing. Similarly, while many fan efforts use valid and well-researched translations for
Sailor Moon's lore terms, we've decided to go the official route and translate it as if it was a
currently-released product. For better or for worse.

Sigh, to some people they can't always get what people want apparently. Sorry gamingcat02261991

xpavlovsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2021, 10:15:40 am »
Hi,

mziab told me that he's responded to your PM already, but I thought it would be a good idea to say something publicly with screenshots to illustrate my point.

So, Sailor Moon: Another Story has some wacky stat balancing. An accessory offering what seems to be a paltry stat increase will actually give quite the boost.

For example, here's a LV 6 Jupiter with 17 Defense taking damage from an Atsugessho. She has no accessories.

Almost the same scenario as above, except with 1 pair of Earrings equipped (Def +4).

And the same as above, but with 2 pairs of Earrings (A total of Def +8).

The same goes for Bracelets (Atk up) and Speed-increasing accessories. Wise accessory use is the key to this game. For the record, Medis Village sells Earrings and Bracelets in its item shop.

Formation makes a big difference as well. Aside from Chute, generally girls up front are going to take (and deal) more damage than those in back. The only exception to this rule is Cluster, where the person in the middle takes (and deals) the most damage.

Yeah, I have Jupiter decked out with accessories, but perhaps it's just mixing and matching.
Thank you!

SerYoGa

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2021, 11:41:16 am »
I`ve noticed a mistake for selling price of "Studio cap" item in all translations I`ve seen so far. The correct number for that is 15000 as it was in the original game.
At first, I thought that shop keeper is actually fooling me, lol. I mean, where is my missing 35000 yen, Mr? :huh: