News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.06  (Read 43661 times)

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.05
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2020, 09:46:45 am »
Do you have a text only copy of the script? I've been thinking about writing some fanfic about the Hell Destiny characters, and it would be helpful to refer to.

I feel the same way, though some of my reasons is different (kind of like when I saw Floating Party Panic having 2 different types of translations to please both sides of the fans). Though knowing that translating into the hex engine took lots of work (plus the fact everyone hates Dic/Cloverway like it's the next Hitler), I'm not sure if the text was kept. Otherwise, yeah, it would be pretty neat to see it.

shemakeswaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2020, 01:05:34 am »
This keeps coming up as corrupted for me. :( I've downloaded v2.05, deleted it, tried to patch with Lunar, tried to play it straight in snes9x. Can anyone possibly help me out with what I'm doing wrong?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2020, 11:22:02 am »
Hi, are you applying it to an unheadered Japanese ROM? The patching instructions (Also available from the first page of this topic) discusses how to deal with headers using RHDN's online patcher. You could also use TUSH if you'd rather use an offline header solution.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:28:16 am by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Max1323

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2020, 12:10:03 am »
Hi, it is a great work that you did it. I'm thinking if it is possible to translate Sailor Moon Another Story into Spanish?
But only if you approve it. That could be really awesome. :)

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2020, 09:25:52 am »
Well on the bright side, at least it doesn't have the weird "Pretty Guardian" logo that most modern Sailor Moon translations use. I mean the translation to having original names is fine, but I'm pretty sure some of us in the US are getting kind of tired of the term "guardian" used in most translations like Viz for the redubbing of the classic Sailor Moon series. I mean it's fine for the live action and probably Crystal, but the original anime and manga terms of saying "senshi" or "soldier" should be left alone.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:56:28 pm by julayla »

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2020, 09:45:27 am »
Hi, it is a great work that you did it. I'm thinking if it is possible to translate Sailor Moon Another Story into Spanish?
But only if you approve it. That could be really awesome. :)

One person contacted me about this two years ago, actually. I gave them the dialogue script (the version before our relocalization) and they started on it. However, I haven't heard from them since last June and the last time they were active here was in March, which is a bit worrying, though understandable given recent events.

In general, it's definitely technically possible. I've already helped with the German and French projects and both have been completed successfully. Mind you, I'm way more busy with real-life than a few years back, so I can't promise anything. I also regret not having documented each and every mistake found in the BST script for future reference. But it would've been a project unto itself and would've dragged out the development of our patch, so I think we made the right choice.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2020, 06:53:00 pm »
Oop, this got posted and I accidentally posted it wrong. Please ignore what happened earlier. But anyhow, I have been meaning to ask if there will be localizations like this for the Gameboy Games one day. I wouldn't mind as long as they do the 2 different translations (a compromise for the DIC/Cloverway fans and those that like the original names/Viz Dub) deal like Dynamic Designs did with Super S Floating Party Panic or HTI's take on Nakayoshi and me (and unlike this translation and the R SNES game...same with maybe the Gamegear version probably).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:10:53 am by julayla »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story English translation v2.06
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2020, 03:06:26 am »
v2.06
- Fixed a small typo in Ch2/Venus. How did this go unnoticed for so long? No one knows!
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.