News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Old scratchpad files?  (Read 1020 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
Old scratchpad files?
« on: June 03, 2019, 02:41:42 pm »
A few years ago i tried uploading some hacks to this website, and none of them ever got accepted. It discouraged me from uploading again up until the other day, but I now realize I just filled out the ROM/ISO information wrong... :P

Last year my hard drive broke, and I lost almost all of the hacks I ever made. I think at least one of those was something I uploaded to the scratchpad. Are those files still available somewhere or are they gone for good?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Old scratchpad files?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:46:01 am »
Sorry but I believe the Scratchpad is only a 24 hour host of files.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 04:40:36 am »
I know it's too late to say this, but Dropbox is free. It'll save your work from hard disk failure. Just don't share the files directly from it with anyone. :)

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 07:00:10 am »
I know it's too late to say this, but Dropbox is free. It'll save your work from hard disk failure. Just don't share the files directly from it with anyone. :)

i can condone to this....
I had a massive harddrive failure myself a while ago that quite literally wiped out of existence almost 20 years of work and documentation
i've done regarding hacking a number of games so large i cant even begin to try and count it.

amongst these was a translation of utatwarerumono portable which i spent several years working on, and it's only because of dropbox that
the game and it's data is still safe.

as such, i HIGHLY recommend that you, or anyone for that matter employs the use of an external service such as this to prevent
repeating my fate. (Yes i need to learn to make backups too, ty for reminding.)
In PSP we trust.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 12:50:56 pm »
For those recommending it, I have been backing up my hack files recently. I put all of them on a SD card inside my Wii, so they're in a secure place that's easy to remember. I'll probably add them to Dropbox too for a second back-up