News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I'm still miffed SE hasn't brought the Seiken Densetsu Collection Stateside yet  (Read 2439 times)

CrackZero

• お前はもう死んでいる!
    • View Profile
On the bright side we're still getting Persona Q2.  :happy:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 05:11:29 am by CrackZero »
Currently working on Project Hacker: Kakusei.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
rumor mill says we might get it in some form

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Isn't everyone profoundly dissatisfied with the mobile/Steam port of Secret of Mana?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

CrackZero

• お前はもう死んでいる!
    • View Profile
Isn't everyone profoundly dissatisfied with the mobile/Steam port of Secret of Mana?

Mostly from what I've seen. That was a remake iirc. The one I'm referring to is a straight port of the first three Mana games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UiVeDQqHi0

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Mostly from what I've seen. That was a remake iirc. The one I'm referring to is a straight port of the first three Mana games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UiVeDQqHi0
IIRC mobile was/is also a straight port of the original with mobile controls.  Square almost always uses these as a base these days, though obviously without the touch stuff.

It was garbage, a very early one not long after FF1 and 2 (which are also hot garbage and removed content).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:15:59 pm by Chronosplit »

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Why would this be NoA's fault? Wouldn't it be up to Square Enix..?

As to the 3D SoM remake... I played through it and thought it was mostly fine. IMHO, it seemed fairly faithful to the original (granted, it's been ~20 years since I played the original). The art style reminded me of the (clay?) figures used in some of the original advertising back in the 90s. I can't really comment on the remade soundtrack, as I honestly didn't really give it a chance. (Getting to the first forest and not hearing the guitar in the arrangement... I immediately switched it over to the original soundtrack and didn't look back).

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Yeah, probably Square-Enix' call.

I think M2 even said they'd be willing to produce a localization of SD3 if Square-Enix would want it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
Generally speaking, I feel that a lot of the companies who own the IPs I like are really sort of drifting right now. It's like the game boom of 85-00 has sort of washed away in the last 15 years or so, and it feels like a depressing time to be a fan of classic gaming.

FPS after FPS, Quick-Time Events, sacrificing everything in the name of pushing for more realistic graphics, 10 year+ dev cycles (looking at you FFXV), cockamamie console missteps ($599 for the PS3? License locking on Xbox 360? The Wii U in its entirety?), Pay-to-win Mobile Gaming, loot boxes, employee abuse, shoddy PC ports of classic collections (Castlevania Anniversary Collection is getting praised merely for being not utter crap), generally disorganized business strategies, and PR apathy...

It puts a bad taste in one's mouth, a bit.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
It's not confirmed yet but they've allegedly filed trademarks for a Mana Collection in the US and Europe.  :beer:
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
I guess the main question is, is the SD3 translation good and did they fix any bugs?  I'm still kinda wary ever since Romancing Saga 2's mobile job.  And I guess most of that lot (they fixed Chrono Trigger to a degree at least).

Also I'm quite happy that they at least gave the original something, instead of just moving to the remake to translate it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:18:28 pm by Chronosplit »

CrackZero

• お前はもう死んでいる!
    • View Profile
I am no longer miffed. I am so freaking happy right now!  :D

Rudy

• View Profile
I guess the main question is, is the SD3 translation good and did they fix any bugs?  I'm still kinda wary ever since Romancing Saga 2's mobile job.  And I guess most of that lot (they fixed Chrono Trigger to a degree at least).

Also I'm quite happy that they at least gave the original something, instead of just moving to the remake to translate it.
If we're lucky maybe Tomato will do a comparison

Chronosplit

• View Profile
If we're lucky maybe Tomato will do a comparison
Perhaps!  There's already people doing streams and such, most likely someone will find a way to get to the script eventually.

Honestly though, I'm more curious about the possibility of bugfixes.  It took Sin of Mana to properly do crits, because if you just turn on unaltered crits they increase attack before defense by 50%.  This understandably makes the game a OHKO fest for both you and the monsters.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
I'm so excited! The 3D remake of Seiken Densetsu looks awesome as well, hopefully they can follow through on the hype.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Trials of Mana Remake won't have co-op at all, for anyone who cares about it. https://gematsu.com/2019/06/trials-of-mana-is-the-most-action-heavy-game-in-the-series-fully-voiced
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Trials of Mana Remake won't have co-op at all, for anyone who cares about it. https://gematsu.com/2019/06/trials-of-mana-is-the-most-action-heavy-game-in-the-series-fully-voiced
Welp, I'm already writing this one off.  Square-Enix, you had one job.  Co-Op was that job.

Also this line is rich: "Unlike Secret of Mana, the reason we are making a significantly bolder remake with this game is because this title was never released overseas, so we hope to introduce it as a completely new title."  Oh come on, even if they didn't know about the fan translation decades ago we just got the game right here.  This remake already has a bad smell to it, and I really wish I didn't have to judge it at this point.  I hope it's good and I'm wrong though, Trials deserves good treatment.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:53:43 am by Chronosplit »

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile

This is pretty legit of them. I'm impressed. By the way, are large image warnings a thing in 2019 anymore? Just in case: large image.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
The lack of co-op is pretty terrible, but I'm still going to buy it. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and I'm so excited we got the game at all here.

Bonk

• View Profile
I doubt that many people care that it has co op or not these days.

This looks great and i'm very interested.