News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translation rejected but cannot submit as Addendum  (Read 1566 times)

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Translation rejected but cannot submit as Addendum
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:25:32 am »
Hi. I've just completed a translation of Mega Man 7 (SNES) and submitted it yesterday to RHN. The translation is based on the Restoration hack by SCD and rainponcho, which reintroduced text that was ommited from the NA release. This was the focus of my work - translating the main text, as well as the text that was reintroduced. My translation was rejected on the grounds that, being done over a hack, it must be submitted as an addendum.

However, on the Submission pages, the "Addendum" category states an addendum must be:
A hack that fixes bugs, improves upon, or revamps another author’s released hack. The resulting patch is intended to be a non-translation hack.

It's not an improvement as there are no gameplay tweaks/changes. It does not revamp anything, as the game remains the same, unless graphical edits to translate everything count as a revamp. The only bug fix is a formatting error present in the official NA version.

How should this be submitted? Thanks in advance.

Pluvius

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Translation rejected but cannot submit as Addendum
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 02:10:10 am »
You've accidentally looked at the submission rules for hacks, when you should've been looking at the submission rules for translations.  You can submit this as a translation addendum.

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Re: Translation rejected but cannot submit as Addendum
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 04:52:21 am »
Ah, that might be the case. I'll resubmit later on today. Thanks :)