News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Anybody know where I can get replacement 3DS triggers?  (Read 1384 times)

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Anybody know where I can get replacement 3DS triggers?
« on: June 22, 2019, 10:15:05 am »
The right trigger on my OG New 3DS seems to be toast, even after disassembly and cleaning, and I can only find replacement parts for the XL version, anybody know somewhere that sells the right parts?

I suppose it's partially my own fault for picking up the more limited model, but the XL was out of stock at the time.  ::)

Badseed

• View Profile
Re: Anybody know where I can get replacement 3DS triggers?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 12:31:57 pm »
I saw a bunch of different parts and configurations for triggers on amazon.com,you could try there. If not there are many online parts stores you could check out. Maybe if you could find a cheap used 3ds take the parts from that. Back in the old days of the "red rings of death" I took 3 non working Xbox 360s and cobbled together one that worked. (For a while at least)
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know where I can get replacement 3DS triggers?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »
I searched Amazon again, I think I'll probably try this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Trigger-Button-Nintendo-Version/dp/B01EXVNZXU

One of the sellers specifically says it won't go in a regular New3DS but tbh, it looks A LOT like the part I just cleaned.

I'm starting to wonder if there's actually any distinction between the triggers in either model to begin with, XL is just the more prevalent version which is probably why the part gets labeled that way.