News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: (Japanese to English)[Project Hacker: Kakusei] Translation Help  (Read 471 times)

CrackZero

• お前はもう死んでいる!
    • View Profile
THIS WILL BE MY OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR WORK ON THE TRANSLATION FROM NOW ON.

Solved:
=========================================================================================================================================
Let's get right to it shall we? The scene I am having trouble with is in the introduction to the game (oh dear me) and text is as follows

先週ホスが、大胆不殿なその行動がら
もしがしたら ”やシ” じゃないがと
言つていた人物の調査報告書です。

The context is that an agent is handing his female boss a report on a man (the protagonist of the game, Satoru Amatsubo) for recruitment. However, I'm not quite getting everything that is being said. When I try plugging it into a translator I get something like "Hoss performed a bold move" and "it's not yay" which I KNOW is not right. I'm new to learning this language so some things come easier than others. I will provide a picture of the scene as well:

Thank you for the help.
==========================================================================================================================================

UPDATE(6/13/2019): Adding a link to the script I have written up so far.

English Script

It's not perfect and I haven't even finished Chapter #0 but all good things take time. I prefer quality over a shoddy rushed project. Hope to get some text in there soon.

============================================================================================================================================
FUN FACT:

Satoru Amatsubo (The main character of this game) appears as a spirit in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate:

This is partly what caused me to work on the game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:55:59 pm by CrackZero »
Currently working on Project Hacker: Kakusei.

• View Profile
Re: (Japanese to English)[Project Hacker: Kakusei] Translation Help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:20:26 am »
"it's the investigation report for that person the boss mentioned last week that could've been 'him', given his bold actions" 
didn't put a lot of effort but you get an idea, also if the game is full of text like this and you've just started learning I wouldn't recommend trying this out until later. also your transcription has a couple of mistakes: 

*ス 
*もししたら 
*ツ 
*じゃないと 
*言ていた   

one last thing, machine translations are useless for Japanese, you're only going to end up with misconceptions and mistakes
Discord: 730#8471

RafaGam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:21:11 am »
Yes, machine translators will mostly just make you more confused.

Just wanted to call out another mistake:
*不殿 ---> 不敵

Good luck with this...!
ボク わるいスライムじゃ ないよ。

CrackZero

• お前はもう死んでいる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 05:48:29 pm »
Thank you for your help! It makes more sense now. Yes, the game is a big visual novel with puzzle elements that never got officially released due to being near the end of the DS's lifespan. That being said it does have a lot of text like this.
Currently working on Project Hacker: Kakusei.