News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 1105 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:17:58 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Addendum
Complete
Improvement

Relevant Link

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 02:03:02 pm »
The Alien 3 hack sounds awesome. That's a great game. Very underrated IMO.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 35 Cutemonger
    • View Profile
    • JosephineLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 04:52:06 pm »
Lotta interesting hacks, this time around!
  • The Calcium Kid one is as amusing as it is beneficial to gameplay!  I just hope the "secret" special attack (see spoiler) still drains energy.  It's too powerful not to!
    Spoiler:
    (The "secret" special move is the paper airplane, which destroys pretty much everything for 1/5 of Sketch's life energy.)
  • The Final Fantasy Tactics Complete one sounds good, though it doesn't seem like it addresses my biggest gripe with the game: the crippling way the game levels up enemy monsters to your highest-level character, which defeats the purpose of grinding for XP or JP.
    (I kinda want a hack where XP is tossed out the window and enemies are rebalanced, actually… kind of like Chrono Trigger Level Zero.)
  • Arcana - Seal of Rimsala is on my to-do list, definitely.  As a fan of Might and Magic, I've been wanting to play that game, and what better way than with a brand new translation update and "quality-of-life" hack?
I love this community so much.  Y'all just keep surprising me~

Cheers!
~ J
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 08:53:17 pm »
There are literally no FFT hacks that I know of that don't do the monster scaling afaik. It sucks.

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 05:27:22 am »
Where can one find more details about Final Fantasy Tactics Complete? I would want to hear more about that monster job wheel and stuff in more details

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:48:42 pm »
I'm really not sure, you may need to make a topic or something. There's an FFT Complete board on FFHacktics but hasn't been used in years so I don't know if this is the same FFT Complete or not.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 09:09:38 am »
I'm really not sure, you may need to make a topic or something. There's an FFT Complete board on FFHacktics but hasn't been used in years so I don't know if this is the same FFT Complete or not.
No, I'm pretty well sure that v2 has absolutely nothing to do with actual Complete.  That is just a text backport that never completed the sound novels or fixed a bug or three.  The hacker isn't the same either.

That said, as for the content... I'm not too sure either, I don't see a readme in the download.

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 01:06:48 am »
  • The Final Fantasy Tactics Complete one sounds good, though it doesn't seem like it addresses my biggest gripe with the game: the crippling way the game levels up enemy monsters to your highest-level character, which defeats the purpose of grinding for XP or JP.
    (I kinda want a hack where XP is tossed out the window and enemies are rebalanced, actually… kind of like Chrono Trigger Level Zero.)

This patch fixes that in a different way:  "Random" encounters no longer occur randomly.  Instead, they occur only when you deliberately trigger them by intentionally moving directly to the location where they occur (you can move over them safely.)

That removes the frustration you're talking about (you can ignore random encounters entirely if you want, and will never be forced into one) while giving you the option to have a leveled encounter when you choose to do so.  Of course, story encounters are still not leveled.

Essentially, they now only exist as optional fights for grinding / practice / poaching / fun.  I don't think there's a problem with them being leveled for that purpose.  The real issue with the original game was that it forced you into them, making them frustrating when they were constantly leveled to the point of difficulty.