News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Haja no Fuuin crowd-source translation  (Read 1534 times)

Fyr

• View Profile
Haja no Fuuin crowd-source translation
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:58:46 pm »
It was recommended to me that I crowd-source the translation of Haja no Fuuin since I can't find a translator. I guess that means this isn't quite a personal project anymore? Credit will be given to each contributor.

The game is not identical to Miracle Warriors (from Master System) in many ways, especially in the overworld map (includes other areas), some items and some storyline.

Here's the link, and pass it on!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qa-RjytH7HaTS1_W4-xDFdeqPSY3NjI4-HVF4iiZH7I/edit#gid=0

Game is for the Famicom.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:38:09 am by Fyr »

nanashi89

• View Profile
Re: Haja no Fuuin crowd-source translation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:41:17 pm »
What platform?

Fyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:16:12 am »
Famicom! (editing original post! sorry about that)

#

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:36:59 pm »
Are the other versions identical to the Famicom or SMS version, or do they also have unique content?

Fyr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 05:20:54 pm »
They are distinctly different with some overlap. The computer version may be similar to the Master System version. But the Famicom version is probably more different proportionately to the Miracle Warriors from the Master System.

It looks roughly similar to the PC88 version, though entirely different graphics.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:52:59 am by Fyr »

Fyr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »
So most of the text has been translated, but RafaGam said it wouldn't hurt to have someone proofread it. If anyone could go over the translated text to see if there are any errors or improvements to be made, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

#

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:11:42 am »
I noticed something odd in the first sentence I read and then also in the list of nouns. Why is Kosama treated as a village instead of a person?

Fyr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 07:42:49 pm »
Kosama/Coserma is a person, do you see something that says otherwise? Oh yes, the intro page. Fixed that. Don't see anything in the game text though. Thanks for headsup.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
Kosama/Coserma is a person, do you see something that says otherwise? Oh yes, the intro page. Fixed that. Don't see anything in the game text though. Thanks for headsup.
It must have been the slightly ambiguous English sentence (compared to the Japanese) in combination with the intro page that confused me, as it seems fine now.