News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Metal Slader Glory NES English Translation Released  (Read 12090 times)

Smolnick

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Metal Slader Glory NES English Translation Released
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 03:57:33 am »
What emulator are you using? Also ... that's a game spoiler. You might want to use a spoiler tag.
I'm using NesterJ 1.12 plus 0.80 for PSP, Nesoid 2.5 and Nostalgia NES for Android

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »
It's an emulation issue.

Smolnick

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2018, 04:23:49 am »
It's an emulation issue.
Nostalgia NES was helped by switching the ntsc mode to pal. There is no such function on nesoid. On nesterJ the switch did not help. After a problematic place, the game runs on all emulators in any mode.
Thank you for your help and for the excellent translation. Now this is one of my favorite games on nes.
I really hope that soon there will be a translation for snes. Thank you.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 02:54:38 pm »
I take it this is an Adventure/VN in the style of Snatcher and Detective Club?
It looks like fun, I'll definitely try it out and pass a copy on to my buddy, he loves mecha anime so this seems to be up his alley.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Lost Lullabies (Unreleased Samurai Champloo tracks)|| https://youtu.be/BK6PR8DPNOw

Smolnick

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2018, 05:11:49 am »
Can you please tell me if there are games with gameplay like in the final part of Metal Slader Glory.

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2018, 11:36:33 am »
Can you please tell me if there are games with gameplay like in the final part of Metal Slader Glory.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a mecha anime that has a few video games ... there's one for the Nintendo 64.

Blade Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2018, 10:41:06 am »
Hi

Any chance of this patch being released in .ips format?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 10:32:48 am »
So, I'm eventually going to update this patch. There were a few typos reported etc. But I'm also probably going to do a text speed hack and if I do that, I might as well tackle something else that bothered me about the translation. When you get to the final battle simulation part of the game and it lists the enemies approaching, it pieces the text together in such a way that doesn't make for proper English grammar etc. It also uses scripting code to do everything, which complicates matters.

Blade Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2019, 05:28:36 pm »
So, I'm eventually going to update this patch. There were a few typos reported etc. But I'm also probably going to do a text speed hack and if I do that, I might as well tackle something else that bothered me about the translation. When you get to the final battle simulation part of the game and it lists the enemies approaching, it pieces the text together in such a way that doesn't make for proper English grammar etc. It also uses scripting code to do everything, which complicates matters.

Any chance of the updated patch being released in .ips format?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2019, 10:14:01 am »
Any chance of the updated patch being released in .ips format?
I would think it'd be easier to upgrade Lunar IPS to Floating IPS.  Then the whole thing would be completely solved.  Platforms that don't use LIPS already have support for this format in their main patchers (MultiPatch, ROM Patcher/UniPatcher, etc.)

An ever increasing amount of patches are BPS for good reason, may as well adapt.

Blade Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 06:16:37 am »
I would think it'd be easier to upgrade Lunar IPS to Floating IPS.  Then the whole thing would be completely solved.  Platforms that don't use LIPS already have support for this format in their main patchers (MultiPatch, ROM Patcher/UniPatcher, etc.)

An ever increasing amount of patches are BPS for good reason, may as well adapt.

It's not about me adapting, it's about my Retro Freak can't use BPS patches. One day I'll look into how to convert it into IPS if possible...

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 02:49:53 pm »
It's not about me adapting, it's about my Retro Freak can't use BPS patches. One day I'll look into how to convert it into IPS if possible...

It couldn't be much simpler. Just apply the BPS to a ROM using Floating IPS, then use Floating IPS to create an IPS file from the original ROM and the patched ROM you just made. It will take all of about 1 minute.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:14:12 pm by filler »

Blade Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2019, 02:23:08 pm »
It couldn't be much simpler. Just apply the BPS to a ROM using Floating IPS, then use Floating IPS to create an IPS file from the original ROM and the patched ROM you just made. It will take all of about 1 minute.

I have no idea what any of that means but thanks for the info. I'm on Mac OS, would it make any difference? If it takes 1 minute, maybe someone could just do it for me as a kind gesture.  ;D

vergil2012

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2019, 03:23:28 pm »
I have no idea what any of that means but thanks for the info. I'm on Mac OS, would it make any difference? If it takes 1 minute, maybe someone could just do it for me as a kind gesture.  ;D

Sent PM.

Blade Runner

• View Profile