News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mail from RhdnBot? Who sent this and how do I reply?  (Read 1086 times)

rainwarrior

• View Profile
    • Rainwarrior's Website
Mail from RhdnBot? Who sent this and how do I reply?
« on: April 12, 2019, 04:44:57 pm »
I received e-mail from rhdnbot AT romhacking.net

It looks like a normal question about one of my hacks, but there is no information in the e-mail about who sent it. If I reply directly to that address, it will be rejected (rhdnbot cannot receive mail).

How did someone send me a message like this? Can information please be included in these automated e-mails to identify the sender?

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Mail from RhdnBot? Who sent this and how do I reply?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »
Isn't it a notification of a personal message? Did you look at My Messages in the top-right corner of your screen? I can't think what else it could possibly be.

rainwarrior

• View Profile
    • Rainwarrior's Website
Re: Mail from RhdnBot? Who sent this and how do I reply?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 05:56:40 pm »
No, I don't have any personal messages. I assume this is from the "send e-mail" link on my profile, which I guess I had enabled (didn't know this was a feature). Have disabled it.

As for the message itself, digging into the original unformatted text, there was a correct reply-to in the message header. The problem is apparently just that Gmail currently both hides and ignores the reply-to field? (Seems like it might be a recent issue.) So the real problem was Gmail and not RHDN, as far as I can tell. Have reported it to Google.

Though if this feature is on by default, and not something I accidentally enabled... I'd maybe suggest that it should not be default. (Not sure if it is.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:06:22 pm by rainwarrior »