News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Can't use Chksum64 because my windows is 64 bit and the program is 32 bit!  (Read 504 times)

zirih

• View Profile
Can anyone help me with this? i am translating Body Harvest on N64 to Brazilian Portuguese, but when i try to fix the checksum of the rom, i can't because the chksum64 doesn't work, it says my system isn't compatible and i must have a 32 bit system. this and other 32-bit programs says the same thing. anyone knows some program for checksum nintendo 64 roms that works on windows 7 - 64 bit? or i really need a 32-bit windows to run these kind of tools?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Is it a DOS program? You could try running in DOSBox.
Otherwise, yes, a virtual machine and old version of Windows might be needed to run old programs.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

zirih

• View Profile
this is so strange because i didn't see anyone commenting about this before. On the tutorial said 'just drag the rom and drop on chksum64.exe and it's done'  no one has complained about this 32-bit issue before.

so i installed dosbox. how can i run this CHKSUM64.EXE to fix my n64 rom? i'm totally lost =/

March 06, 2019, 05:00:20 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
i did it. i used rn64crc. but now i have fixed the crc from the game (body harvest) and it doesn't works on project64. but it works on 1964 and mupen64. will it work on Ed64 Plus? (my intention is to play it on actual console using the flashcart)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:00:20 pm by zirih »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Can anyone help me with this? i am translating Body Harvest on N64 to Brazilian Portuguese, but when i try to fix the checksum of the rom, i can't because the chksum64 doesn't work, it says my system isn't compatible and i must have a 32 bit system. this and other 32-bit programs says the same thing.
They are not 32-bit programs.  They are 16-bit DOS programs.  32-bit Windows programs are used on 64-bit systems all the time, but as the error message suggests, 16-bit DOS programs will not run on 64-bit Windows without additional effort.

As suggested, DOSBox can be used to run 16-bit DOS programs even on 64-bit Windows.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!