News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fight 30th Anniversary Edition, Three Player CPS1 Mod - Released!  (Read 110365 times)

XtraSmiley

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I recently created a Level Editor and an Enemy Randomizer for the beat'em up called Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade), it is a web tool and this is the link to it https://gamehackfan.github.io/pssme/.

This is very interesting looking! I have an original board, would this be able to burn EPROMs to make the game behave in the way you have hacked it? Also, have you don't your own thread about this one?

Grego

• View Profile
Gamehackfan, cool stuff, we are working on an editor as well for an upcoming update to ffae. More will be revealed soon.
UltraNet SNES Network Adapter: https://twitch.tv/ultranetsnes
F-Zero Final v0.2 Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmOP23_F6A
F-Zero Final Github: https://github.com/originalgrego/FZeroFinal

GameHackFan

• View Profile
This is very interesting looking! I have an original board, would this be able to burn EPROMs to make the game behave in the way you have hacked it? Also, have you don't your own thread about this one?

I don't have any skills on that matter, but in theory the changes were minimal and it should work since very few data in the original game was changed, I mostly used empty bytes to handle all levels. Maybe someone more skilled could randomize a ROM using the tool and analyze what was done and check if it would cause any problems to put in a real arcade.

Also, this randomizer is seed based, so it randomizes a ROM and it ends up being like that forever, to have a new ROM, you will need to randomize again, so burning EPROMs is not what comes into my mind since you will end up stuck with that ROM forever.

Gamehackfan, cool stuff, we are working on an editor as well for an upcoming update to ffae. More will be revealed soon.

Nice, you could check what I made and see if it can help you. I know how to handle locks, like adding as much as I want, manipulating how long they will hold, since final fight has a frame amount to release a lock even though you didn't beat all enemies that spawns in the lock, after a certain amount of frames it releases, I know how to move them to any place I want, set the amount of enemies so the lock knows if you killed all enemies required. I didn't add a lock editor to the tool because I was kind of lazy. On RIP level there are 3 damnds so they will whistle up to six times, I made a loop between locks to handle that so the game doesn't crash because it was not meant to have more than 2. I also didn't randomize the lock positions since it felt like very few locks would be affected.

There are a lot of stuff I did there, I also organized the data inside the generated ROM, like all information of a specific level except to bosses are in sequence, like the normal parts and the lock parts, and I also added extra bytes to help to identify what a sequence of bytes is handling, like L1B1 (Level 1 Block 1) is the first lock of the level 1. Extra locks that I added are easy to spot too, since I marked them like L3E1 (Level 3 Extra Lock 1). In the github project, inside the info folder, there are also a lot of information, it might by useful.

I created the randomizer so people can generate a rom in a few seconds, making those games different every time you play and the level editor is for those who always wanted to make hacks and have no idea how to do it.

I like to play beat'em ups online, so I didn't put a lot of effort in those tools because the idea was to release as much tools as possible in a short period of time, because I had in mind to create these tools for the other main beat'em ups, like Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Captain Commando and maybe The Punisher too, but I guess I already ran out of steam, so I won't touch these games for now.

Well at least we have something for 2 beat'em ups right now, sailor moon and final fight, these 2 games had very few hacks out there, now they have around 10^16 hacks, =).

jjennings089

• View Profile
Re: Final Fight 30th Anniversary Edition, Three Player CPS1 Mod - Released!
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2021, 08:32:48 pm »
I love this hack of the game. Anyone know how to unlock the extra characters?

ShadowX

• View Profile
Re: Final Fight 30th Anniversary Edition, Three Player CPS1 Mod - Released!
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2021, 03:15:33 am »
Hi, Grego,

Regarding the below:

The code already works on sf2 boards, please don't convert a ff board. 😃

Were you saying then that it's not possible to "upgrade" an original Final Fight (World) 89624B-3 ROM board to Final Fight: AE? I can't just burn a GAL or something (S224B in 1A, maybe)? Would I have to convert an original SF2 board instead? I have a SF2UK (as in USA rev. K, the final release, I think) 90629B-3 board, but I'd rather use my Final Fight B-board if at all possible since I like to play OG SF2 from time to time. Without that CPS1 Multi out yet, I don't particularly want to change up SF2, admittedly. I guess it is what it is though, and that's fine if this is the case, although I'd still appreciate some clarification on which B-boards you can actually use for FFIGHTAE (even if it's certain SF2 B-boards only). I was planning on using my SF2CE 92631C-6 board as well (has B-21 chip). I use that C-board for Captain Commando for three or four players after happily acquiring unused, original Capcom P3/P4 connectors with wiring (woot!), and of course, with SF2CE for the 1P/2P kick harness (as it is the C-board that it came with). I also noticed in the ffightae.zip I created with your Java setup thingie that there is a 7H ROM which I definitely do not even have on my FFIGHT 89624B-3 board nor my SF2CE 91635B-2 B-board nor my SF2UK 90629B-3 board. The closest slot is 8H on the FFIGHT B-board. It has 8-12 in Column H (not 1-7 though), whereas my SF2 and SF2CE boards only go up to Column F. I could upload pictures too, if you'd like.

P.S.  Also while looking into this, I noticed I have AMD and Intel EPROM chips on my FFIGHT board! I don't think I've ever owned anything else with stuff made by both AMD and Intel simultaneously installed before  =] That's kind of a trip.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:54:58 am by ShadowX »