This is very interesting looking! I have an original board, would this be able to burn EPROMs to make the game behave in the way you have hacked it? Also, have you don't your own thread about this one?
I don't have any skills on that matter, but in theory the changes were minimal and it should work since very few data in the original game was changed, I mostly used empty bytes to handle all levels. Maybe someone more skilled could randomize a ROM using the tool and analyze what was done and check if it would cause any problems to put in a real arcade.
Also, this randomizer is seed based, so it randomizes a ROM and it ends up being like that forever, to have a new ROM, you will need to randomize again, so burning EPROMs is not what comes into my mind since you will end up stuck with that ROM forever.
Gamehackfan, cool stuff, we are working on an editor as well for an upcoming update to ffae. More will be revealed soon.
Nice, you could check what I made and see if it can help you. I know how to handle locks, like adding as much as I want, manipulating how long they will hold, since final fight has a frame amount to release a lock even though you didn't beat all enemies that spawns in the lock, after a certain amount of frames it releases, I know how to move them to any place I want, set the amount of enemies so the lock knows if you killed all enemies required. I didn't add a lock editor to the tool because I was kind of lazy. On RIP level there are 3 damnds so they will whistle up to six times, I made a loop between locks to handle that so the game doesn't crash because it was not meant to have more than 2. I also didn't randomize the lock positions since it felt like very few locks would be affected.
There are a lot of stuff I did there, I also organized the data inside the generated ROM, like all information of a specific level except to bosses are in sequence, like the normal parts and the lock parts, and I also added extra bytes to help to identify what a sequence of bytes is handling, like L1B1 (Level 1 Block 1) is the first lock of the level 1. Extra locks that I added are easy to spot too, since I marked them like L3E1 (Level 3 Extra Lock 1). In the github project, inside the info folder, there are also a lot of information, it might by useful.
I created the randomizer so people can generate a rom in a few seconds, making those games different every time you play and the level editor is for those who always wanted to make hacks and have no idea how to do it.
I like to play beat'em ups online, so I didn't put a lot of effort in those tools because the idea was to release as much tools as possible in a short period of time, because I had in mind to create these tools for the other main beat'em ups, like Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Captain Commando and maybe The Punisher too, but I guess I already ran out of steam, so I won't touch these games for now.
Well at least we have something for 2 beat'em ups right now, sailor moon and final fight, these 2 games had very few hacks out there, now they have around 10^16 hacks, =).