News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Last Bible 3 Translation Project [released]  (Read 33907 times)

boff

• View Profile
Re: Last Bible 3 Translation Project [released]
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2019, 04:17:38 pm »
Hello Tom.

I loved your translation. Spotless. Really, professional level.

I only have two requests to make this game experience even better:
1) Decrease enemy encounters - Seriously, I've repeatedly activated the code to block encounters. Some happened "2 seconds" after a fight was over. I emphasize this: 2 seconds later! Unbearable.
2) Replace the two pages of text that appear when you check a barrel, cupboard, box, jar, etc ... for nothing! You do not need 4 lines of text on two separate pages to say that there is nothing in the inspected object.
Besides being more modern, it will be much less boring! I checked over 20 jars in a single room and had to stop playing so annoyingly that it was reading the same two pages of text saying
that my hand almost got stuck ...

Tom, I know these two requests have nothing to do with translation, but if you and your team can make these two simple suggestions come true, I will be forever grateful! : D

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2019, 10:37:28 pm »
The game has its quirks. I'm not trying to improve upon it or make it seem like a "modern" game. I just wanted to make it available in English. The game is not for everyone. I'm sorry that you find it frustrating and boring, but it is what it is. :-[

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2019, 09:14:35 am »
Hello Tom.

I loved your translation. Spotless. Really, professional level.

I only have two requests to make this game experience even better:
1) Decrease enemy encounters - Seriously, I've repeatedly activated the code to block encounters. Some happened "2 seconds" after a fight was over. I emphasize this: 2 seconds later! Unbearable.
2) Replace the two pages of text that appear when you check a barrel, cupboard, box, jar, etc ... for nothing! You do not need 4 lines of text on two separate pages to say that there is nothing in the inspected object.
Besides being more modern, it will be much less boring! I checked over 20 jars in a single room and had to stop playing so annoyingly that it was reading the same two pages of text saying
that my hand almost got stuck ...

Tom, I know these two requests have nothing to do with translation, but if you and your team can make these two simple suggestions come true, I will be forever grateful! : D

Hehehe, I agree that some games from that generation of consoles can be a little frustrating due to the encounter rate and things like that. Nevertheless, I think most of them from that era are worth playing.

I'm not sure of how difficult it is to hack a 16 bit-era game to alter things such as the encounter rate, the experience/gold received in combat and things like that, so I usually try to make/do by using any cheat code I can find on the internet and try to find a balance so as not to abuse them and make the game too easy.

There's a snes game called Daikaijuu Monogatari 2, which is still being translated. It has a really insane random encounter rate and it's HARD (you have to grind a lot so as not to be trashed by bosses), but the game is a must-play otherwise (deserving to be on the top tier AAA games list on the snes, in my opinion).

I think that, with games from that era, you are kind of "forced" to accept a trade-off of sorts. You have to put up with a few annoying things (high random encounters, having to grind in order to progress, etc) so as to be able to get the other good things it has to offer (games focused into delivering good stories, likable characters, a nostalgic retro-feeling...).