News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New to this site, need help opening a game (file XDELTA)  (Read 1041 times)

baburkina98

• View Profile
New to this site, need help opening a game (file XDELTA)
« on: February 20, 2019, 03:57:21 pm »
Hey I just downloaded Super Mario Bros. - Two Players Hack but its a XDELTA file so Im not sure what program to use to open it or how to change the file type. Im very new to all this, any explanation would be super helpful :) If it helps, I do have Winrar and Jnes. Thanks!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: New to this site, need help opening a game (file XDELTA)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:09:53 am »
It's fine that you're new to all this, and I don't mean to be rude, but did you seriously not try to do a Google search?
https://www.google.com/search?q=xdelta
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

SaveState

• I hack NES, and code in JavaScript.
    • View Profile
    • SaveState's Web Games
Re: New to this site, need help opening a game (file XDELTA)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:54:57 am »
Xdelta is a type of patch file, which means that it only contains all of the changes between Super Mario Bros. and the 2-Player version. The file you have isn't a ROM of the game in any form, you must patch this file to a Super Mario Bros. (World) NES ROM. (World means the global version, as opposed to Super Mario Bros. (E), which would be the European version.) I cannot tell you where to obtain ROMs, as it is against the rules here. You could use this tool to patch xdelta files: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/ :thumbsup: (Also, if the Super Mario Bros. ROM you download is in a .zip folder, you usually can't patch to a zip folder, you have to move the .nes file out of that folder and patch the file to that)