News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Japanese to Spanish translations  (Read 513 times)

RomanWarrior

• Pier Solar , Beggar Prince, Wukong ,Star Ody. MINE
    • View Profile
Japanese to Spanish translations
« on: February 28, 2019, 01:39:30 pm »
It's a huge thing in the spanish translation community almost a tradition to translate the game from the English version  .

I personally see nothing wrong with this since I didn't mind playing the machine translation of Startling Odyssey 2 and had a blast.

I'm trying to compile  a list or Japanese to Spabish translations, I'm very excited to play the recent Hokuto no Ken rpg just released on the NES .

My list so far is tiny

Captain Tsubasa 3 for the SNES.
Hokuto no Ken 4 for the NES

FUn fact. Captain Tsubasa 3 also is the 4th most downloaded Spanish translation
Captain Tsubasa 3 , 4th most downloaded Spanish translation.  Possibly the first Jap to Spanish translation instead of English to Spanish. There is no English version yet

crimental

• View Profile
Re: Japanese to Spanish translations
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 03:20:24 pm »

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 03:34:40 pm »
Is it a tradition or more that it is far easier to find a Spanish speaker that also speaks English (and said hack possibly also sorting font/text encoding woes)? We have seen a few discussions over the years with people worried about second hand translations losing too much of the original work but fewer that actually went and either translated it from Japanese or got a Japanese speaker/reader to compare things to see if they did stray too far.

Anyway I don't know how I would set about searching for such a thing to create a list, short of downloading all the readmes/release notes I could find for things and looking at those.

Dutch I know but relevant at this point
https://www.loekalization.com/ all the articles there, though the ones talking about English most of all.

RomanWarrior

• Pier Solar , Beggar Prince, Wukong ,Star Ody. MINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:55:08 pm »
Thank you for the reply

I'm SO HAPPY to finally see another jap-spa translation. Honestly I think these are the only two .
Captain Tsubasa 3 , 4th most downloaded Spanish translation.  Possibly the first Jap to Spanish translation instead of English to Spanish. There is no English version yet

jackic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:45:44 pm »
Here, take a third one:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/4290/

Also:

This a VERY rough first attempt and the text shown is only a placehoder as it has nothing to do with the actual script, I can and I will certainly hack this game but I need a japanese to english/spanish/french or catalan (I can deal with any of those)

I still have not make a full script dump but I will.