News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mario Bros. Game A and B, enemy behaviour mode locations + removing game modes  (Read 1218 times)

szemigi

• View Profile
Sorry if I ask this, but I wanna know how can I change any (A,B) game modes to have aggressive enemies (I mean they are always fast). And I wanna know how to remove for example 1 PLAYER GAME B entirely.

RAM and ROM offsets, please?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Shouldn't be that hard to find the RAM offset of the Game Mode by using Cheat Search and scrolling through the game modes.

Then using debugger to find when the Game Mode is called.

RAM and ROM offsets, please?
Are you asking for help or asking us to find it for you? The latter is not okay. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Are you asking for help or asking us to find it for you? The latter is not okay. :P

I've helped you plenty, szemigi, now it's your turn to show us you learnt something from us. :D

szemigi

• View Profile
I don't always have time, keep in mind. ;) And not "us", but somebody. :P Since SMB has source, then Mario Bros.?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
I don't always have time, keep in mind. ;)
So, you don't have time to do the hard stuff and want someone else who has the time to do it for you?  That's not cool. :P

Since SMB has source, then Mario Bros.?
Making a fully annotated disassembly is a lot of work.  If you can't find it on Google, then it's probably not hiding somewhere.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

szemigi

• View Profile
Since I know that disassembling is my weak point as I'm barely good at this, I still know and believe it's a lot of work. I actually asked it not for my own good, but everybody's good, who wants make mod of Mario Bros.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Why do you assume everyone wants a Mario Bros ROM without mode B when everyone can simply play mode A instead?

szemigi

• View Profile
Never assumed. I said that if there was a disassembly for Mario Bros., everybody can make any mod of the game.