11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Megaman Japanese style project.

Started by darthvaderx, December 11, 2020, 06:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricMagnefico

Quote from: Lazermutt4 on May 01, 2022, 11:04:08 AM
Tried out a JP-style Legends 2.

Still a WIP, not sure how to make all the circuit designs for inside the yellow letters.
Also may need a few tweaks here & there.

The choice in subtitle may seem off to some, but this game's 大いなる遺産 is called the Mother Lode in the English version.
(Fun fact: 大いなる遺産 is also the Japanese title for the book Great Expectations.)
Lookin' mighty fine so far, I can tell ya!

Also another fun fact, spotanjo: トロンにコブン seems to be based off the proverb ネコにこばん, "Gold coins to a cat", or "Pearls before swine" if you want a more western equivalent.

One possible way of rendering that title would be "Bots Before Tron".

dewhenson07

spotanjo3 for that i didnt know it was that it was that subtitle spirt of steel i just thought my custom subtitles would help out just saying

spotanjo3

Quote from: EricMagnefico on May 01, 2022, 11:45:53 AM
Lookin' mighty fine so far, I can tell ya!

Also another fun fact, spotanjo: トロンにコブン seems to be based off the proverb ネコにこばん, "Gold coins to a cat", or "Pearls before swine" if you want a more western equivalent.

One possible way of rendering that title would be "Bots Before Tron".

Cool! Very nice but what about inside the DASH and 2 design ? Its bland, just saying. Almost perfect!

Episode 2: The Great Legacy, not The Mother Lode.

Quotespotanjo3 for that i didnt know it was that it was that subtitle spirt of steel i just thought my custom subtitles would help out just saying

That's okay. I just read it in literally translation or a correct accurate translation. ^_^

EricMagnefico

The Mother Lode's what's actually used in the localization, in case ya didn't know.

TundraG3ckO

Hello folks, :)
I'm recently working on a German translation of MegaMan Legends/Rockman DASH, and messed around with some graphics~
in the process i had the idea to create my own version of the logo in the style of the japanese edition and this is what i came up with (still a work in progress though):

mockup screen:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

blade133bo

Another test, Although the loading graphic is going to be too complicated.

SuxMenner

Do all these mean an Undub of the Legends series is possibly nearing us? Especially after seeing the Spanish translation adding (unfinished) subtitles to the cutscenes.

blade133bo

Quote from: SuxMenner on May 03, 2022, 05:27:31 PM
Do all these mean an Undub of the Legends series is possibly nearing us? Especially after seeing the Spanish translation adding (unfinished) subtitles to the cutscenes.
It is possible an undub in megaman legends, only need someone who understands Japanese, because the audios are totally disordered, except the cinematics.
And the inserts subtitles, I don't have much hope, is a lot of work, and the game is not optimized.

EricMagnefico

If an undub's in the works, I for one prefer leaving the names unchanged from their JP originals. Badass lookin' Dash 1 logo, Tundra!

And a badass Tron logo, blade!

spotanjo3

Quote from: blade133bo on May 03, 2022, 05:19:32 PM
Another test, Although the loading graphic is going to be too complicated.

It looks great. I hope that you can fix the loading graphic issues and release English as well. It is so much better than Capcom of USA and PAL version.

SonicShadow7500

How Long is This Going to Take?

blade133bo

I do in Jap iso.

Now i need someone, transfer palette and tilemap, to usa version...
and now include ending jap too.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/o5nYN9ReXUw

MD_Prometh

As we're never getting a Legends 3, undubs with English subtitles for Legends 1 & 2 plus Tron Bonne would be very welcome

EricMagnefico

Quote from: MD_Prometh on May 06, 2022, 02:55:48 PM
As we're never getting a Legends 3, undubs with English subtitles for Legends 1 & 2 plus Tron Bonne would be very welcome
And preserving the Japanese names where possible as well.

spotanjo3

Quote from: blade133bo on May 06, 2022, 07:37:57 AM
I do in Jap iso.

Now i need someone, transfer palette and tilemap, to usa version...
and now include ending jap too.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/o5nYN9ReXUw

Have you resolve it ? Or have you got someone transfer palette and tile map to use version already ?

blade133bo

No, and the truth, I don't have much hope.   :-\

acediez

Here are the location and data for the loading logo's palettes:

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (USA)
BIN ADDRESS:  0x13527CCC
PALETTE DATA: 00 00 20 0C 40 10 20 04 80 24 81 18 C3 24 E2 2C 24 35 88 3D 4E 56 EA 49 B2 62 56 73 FF 7F 46 7E

Tron ni Kobun (Japan) (Track 1)
BIN ADDRESS: 0x13246BB8
PALETTE DATA 1: 00 00 44 00 88 0C EB 1C 4F 21 CE 41 5E 01 F7 25 72 56 1F 02 3D 36 F7 66 BF 32 7C 73 DF 2B FF 6B
PALETTE DATA 2: 00 00 19 10 A4 5C 1F 28 99 30 5F 40 6B 61 FC 4C E6 2A 5F 55 7F 61 ED 3E BF 6D 3F 66 CC 43 00 5F

I don't have the specific file's location, I didn't extract anything from the iso. But you should be able to find it by searching for the palette data on an hexadecimal editor. My bet is they're located in the PS-EXE.

These palettes are pretty easy to find since they're the first ones loaded in VRAM when you first load the game.
You can see them appear right after the "CAPCOM" video using no$psx's VRAM viewer

To get the data, look for that VRAM area in the RAM viewer. VRAM's data is located between 0x60000000 and 0x60100000 (or so...)
It's a lot of RAM to go through, but knowing each "line" is 2048 bytes, and a bit of math, you can locate things pretty easily.
These palettes were located in 0x60078800.

... Unfortunately, this won't be enough to replace the logo.
The japanese logo has two palettes because it has the image has two layers. The tiles assembly data for the two logos should be very different.

I had the same issue when inserting the japanese version's logos into Mega Man X6. In that game, I found the loading screen logo's tile assembly data within the PS-EXE, very close to where the palettes are located (about 0x500 before the palettes). Copying the whole assembly block from one game to another did the trick.

Here's the data and addresses from X6, it might be helpful to find a similar pattern of data in this game.

Good luck