News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is there a tool for importing a directory into a psx disk image.  (Read 1538 times)

Zanerus

• View Profile
Is there a tool for importing a directory into a psx disk image.
« on: February 06, 2019, 10:04:45 am »
More questions for saga frontier. Each enemy in Saga Frontier is its own bin file and there's over 200 of them yet the size of the files are inconsistent with each other due to graphic data also being loaded in the same spot. While i know where to edit their combat stats and the like, im unsure if there's a faster way to add them back to the disk outside of just adding each one in one by one.

A friend on gamefaqs said the coding wording might be like this,
for each (file in M*.ARC)
{
Execute "C:\\hacking\CDReplacerTool -import " + file + " sagafrontier.bin"
}

But I'm not a programmer, im still just a brute force hacker.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a tool for importing a directory into a psx disk image.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:22:16 pm »
But I'm not a programmer, im still just a brute force hacker.

In cases like this, all you really have to do is find a similar example somewhere that supplies the syntax you need.

When you say you're adding files "one by one", are you using CDmage, or what?  Do you already have something equivalent to "CDReplacerTool" that you would run on the command line to replace individual files?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Zanerus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 05:35:13 pm »
In cases like this, all you really have to do is find a similar example somewhere that supplies the syntax you need.

When you say you're adding files "one by one", are you using CDmage, or what?  Do you already have something equivalent to "CDReplacerTool" that you would run on the command line to replace individual files?

Yes I'm using CDMage. No i have not tried or heard of CDReplacerTool.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »
To be clear, unless I'm completely misunderstanding this, there's no such thing as "CDReplacerTool" and your friend on GameFAQs was merely citing an example of how such a utility might be used, if it exists.  (Writing that tool entirely from scratch would definitely be a challenge.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:54:18 pm »
Try psx-mode2, or its English translation. You'll have to set up the loop in the command line yourself.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:04:07 pm by Vehek »

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 09:09:36 am »
Okay then.  This is actually really easy in modern versions of Windows.  You should be able to use
Code: [Select]
forfiles /c "psx-mode2 whatever.iso /somedata/@file @file"
That will run the command in quotes for every file in the current directory.