News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with Kirby's Adventure hacking.  (Read 1448 times)

OnyxFusionHacks

• View Profile
Help with Kirby's Adventure hacking.
« on: February 03, 2019, 09:04:17 pm »
First of all, I'm pretty new to hacking, so go easy on me.

I am making a Kirby's Adventure NES hack. I am trying to rename Level 1 from "Vegetable Valley" to "Vanilla Valley". I have managed to change the text on the HUD, but in the little level intro, it still says "LEVEL 1: VEGETABLE VALLEY". How do I change the text? Also, if someone has a way to edit the little intro animation, that would be cool too! :D

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Help with Kirby's Adventure hacking.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 01:49:35 am »
Clearly the text on the HUD is what you've changed, but the intro text is stored elsewhere. If you were able to find the first text, maybe doing what you did would help you find the second.

I know what I would do, but I don't have time to explain it. :) If I get a chance later then maybe I'll try it myself.

OnyxFusionHacks

• View Profile
Re: Help with Kirby's Adventure hacking.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:53 pm »
Clearly the text on the HUD is what you've changed, but the intro text is stored elsewhere. If you were able to find the first text, maybe doing what you did would help you find the second.

I know what I would do, but I don't have time to explain it. :) If I get a chance later then maybe I'll try it myself.

Thank you!! I just found the HUD text location off of a website or something lol. I know how the text translates from hex data to English, so I could probably find it like that! But if you do find it, please tell me. I'm not very good at rom hacking rn haha.

J^P

• View Profile